Saxo keep licence

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2012 in Pro race
For this year

Which is probably the right decision.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Good. I like Bjarne.

I presume they'll struggle to keep hold of it for next Season though?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Good. I like Bjarne.

I presume they'll struggle to keep hold of it for next Season though?

Yep, even if Contador comes back and wins the Vuelta and every stage with it - His points won't count. Feel very sorry for the Saxo boys, aweful situation they have been landed in, and it must have been a horrible 8 weeks or so.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    If you swim with sharks be prepared to get bitten.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Good, I ve no love for them but they could nt possibly have just dropped them/promoted another team mid-season. Not least because no business would ever sponsor cycling ever again!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    andyp wrote:

That's a pretty p*ss poor evaluation in my book. I think Saxo Bank have had a very tough time already and found themselves suffering at the hands of one single individual. Many other teams could easily find themselves in that boat. Thats like branding a man a rapist if his brother was one, and then sending him to prison.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    andyp wrote:

That's a pretty p*ss poor evaluation in my book. I think Saxo Bank have had a very tough time already and found themselves suffering at the hands of one single individual. Many other teams could easily find themselves in that boat. Thats like branding a man a rapist if his brother was one, and then sending him to prison.

If you start dismissing any riders who have ever ridden in the same team as a convicted doper then before you know it you wouldn't have a peloton.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455

Is that individual Bjarne Riis?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    this is the right decision. The doping offence was from 2 years ago anyway and it isn't the fault of all the other riders it took the UCI \ WADA so long to sort all of this out.