Group Buys - Brooks Saddles

pete54
pete54 Posts: 488
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
I thought I'd start a new thread so this doesn't get lost in the other 'group buy' one.

Halfords are doing 3 for 2 on bike accessories at the moment and I would like a black Brooks B17 Special for my new bike. If we were to purchase three saddles between us it would be £50 per saddle.

They have the standard B17s in honey and black, and Specials in black only.

Not sure if this is the right place as most people seem to be weight weenies, but I thought I'd try. I live in Central London and I think it would be easier if all participants are in the Capital and can collect in person. I'm not sure how long the offer lasts so we may need to act quickly.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• pete54
    I have one person interested. Just need one more. Any takers?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I'm interested, but I don't live in London these days. Hm. Will take a butcher's at the website.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • jack_ammo
    jack_ammo Posts: 69
    I'm in, Pete. I am in the Stratford area.
  • pete54
    Ok, here's what I propose:

I would prefer if I receive full payment via Paypal in advance, but at least a £20 deposit, as I am going to have to fork out £150.

I would prefer if all three of us bought the B17 Special which is only available in blacks with copper rivets:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_719307_langId_-1_categoryId_165588

Saddles to be collected from me in King's Cross between 5.30pm and 9pm, or from Kentish Town between 10am and 5pm.

FoldingJoe pm'd me last night so has first dibs, although he hasn't replied to me yet. The next person to pm me asking for payment details gets the other saddle.
  • pete54
    FoldingJoe has paid a deposit, so I just need one more person to cough up and I will order the saddles.

Any takers?
  • jack_ammo
    pete54 wrote:
    FoldingJoe has paid a deposit, so I just need one more person to cough up and I will order the saddles.

Any takers?

I sent you a pm earlier. You don't seem to have received it.

Please pm me you paypal addy.
  • pete54
    Sorry Jack, I didn't get it. I have pm'd you my Paypal details.
  • jack_ammo
    pete54 wrote:
    Sorry Jack, I didn't get it. I have pm'd you my Paypal details.

Paypal and pm sent.
  • pete54
    Ok, saddles are ordered. It's a four working day delivery service, so won't get them until next week I guess.

Thanks all.