Pins and needles

wiganwarriors
wiganwarriors Posts: 132
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Hi folks. Anybody out there experience pins and needles particulary in the feet. It totally ruins my time on the bike.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
thanks Chris

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Losen your shoes.
  • Already tried that Rick.Had a bike fit and using footbeds.
    thanx
  • rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    I get this from time to time, and have been wondering whether it is pressure from being sat in the saddle? Maybe you could try a saddle with more padding or flexible wings? When it starts to happen to me I just stand up in the peddles to let a bit of blood flow.
    Hope this helps.
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • Thanx Rob I will try and stand up on the pedals and see it if that will alleviate the problem.
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    It could be sciatic nerve problem. The nerve runs from your your lower back, through your bum, and down to the bottom of your leg, supplying blood to your feet. You could be irritating your sciatic nerve in the saddle. This can cause pins and needles in your feet. It's worth checking your saddle out to see where the pressure is. If you have another saddle you can try for a couple of rides it may give you the answer.
    Ridley Orion
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    I get this too, but what I have found is that I forget to peddle 'properly'. I forget to pull on the upstroke if that makes sense, but when I do peddle correctly (when the pins and needles start) they stop almost immediately. I may be completely wrong, as others have said to me before, but must be worth a try. Let me know how you get on, might be the first correct answer i have given on here :-)
  • Thanx guys. Will give your ideas a go.
    regards
    chris