Top fellas today made my day

whojanicanackerov
whojanicanackerov Posts: 383
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
I was out on the bike today doing a planned 60 mile loop over settle and up stainforth over the moors and on to Malham and then heading home.

The bit that made my day.
I was gritting my teeth grinding up Stainforth hill over the moors blowing out my ar$e and I saw three cyclist sat at the side of the road on a very steep bit.They were either enjoying the sights or fixing a puncture or something.
When they saw me pedaling up they jumped to their feet and started cheering running at the side of me, It was ace and for a minute I felt like I was on the Le tour :lol: .So if your one of those guys who indeed made my day
Then chapeau to you too.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Hee hee! :D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Hahaha that's awesome. Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    nweststeyn wrote:

I was just going to post this too -> Remi Gaillard is hilarious

if anyone hasn't seen any of his stuff before you shouldn't expect to be off youtube for a few hours!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    nweststeyn wrote:

Splits my sides every time I see it. Love it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Mouth wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Splits my sides every time I see it. Love it.

Epic! The 2nd guys WTF? face is side-splitting
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    That’s fantastic, I have a loosely similar story that didn’t work out quite so well for me.
    On my MTB there is a local hill that is stupidly steep at the bottom for about 100 metres. At the top of the very steep part, there is a gate which requires a dismount to navigate.
    The hill then resumes for about another 500 metres of still steady climbing. Invariably the dismount provides a much needed breather as the initial climb really does stop you dead.
    As I round the bend, three resting souls cheerily hold the gate wide open for me and give me some encouragement and I ride straight through. I died completely about 50 metres past!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    morstar wrote:
    That’s fantastic, I have a loosely similar story that didn’t work out quite so well for me.
    On my MTB there is a local hill that is stupidly steep at the bottom for about 100 metres. At the top of the very steep part, there is a gate which requires a dismount to navigate.
    The hill then resumes for about another 500 metres of still steady climbing. Invariably the dismount provides a much needed breather as the initial climb really does stop you dead.
    As I round the bend, three resting souls cheerily hold the gate wide open for me and give me some encouragement and I ride straight through. I died completely about 50 metres past!

Love it!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    literally LOL'd in the office watching that video.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    literally LOL'd in the office watching that video.

+1 that youtube video is fantastico
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I was out on the bike today doing a planned 60 mile loop over settle and up stainforth over the moors and on to Malham and then heading home.

The bit that made my day.
    I was gritting my teeth grinding up Stainforth hill over the moors blowing out my ar$e and I saw three cyclist sat at the side of the road on a very steep bit.They were either enjoying the sights or fixing a puncture or something.
    When they saw me pedaling up they jumped to their feet and started cheering running at the side of me, It was ace and for a minute I felt like I was on the Le tour :lol: .So if your one of those guys who indeed made my day
    Then chapeau to you too.

That is fantastic, who wouldn't want that to happen to them. :D

I was once on my "last legs" and had similar attention from two full grown Rotwiellers, I don't think they were particularlly cheering me on,but, I sure as hell found an extra turn of speed I didn't think I had. :lol:

Once again, great little story fella.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.