Cube ltd bottom bracket question

MTB-Matt
MTB-Matt Posts: 46
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone tell me the difference between external Bearing bottom brackets and ISCG mounts

I have a 2011 cube ltd comp and want to buy a chain guide but don't know which I need as I'm fairly new to MTB but my chain has come off twice at lee quarry!

Thanks in advance, I'm sure it's a basic question!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Looked in the FAQs? It is covered there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Your Cube does not have ISCG mounts for a chain guide

You will have to use a bottom bracket mounted chain device

But there may be other things that caused the chain to come off. Like being in the wrong gear or the chain is the wrong length or badly set up gears

Plenty of topics on the forum about chain devices/chain guides and how to use gears correctly as well as how to check your chain is the right length, a quick search using the search function will help you

Has the bike been serviced lately?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • MTB-Matt
    MTB-Matt Posts: 46
    Thanks for the reply, it was new at the end of last year and I have done about 200 miles on it so I suspect it needs the cables servicing as they stretch I think

Apart from that I was on black run at lee quarry and hit a couple of small table top type jumps it was probably a bit of cable servicing and bad technique but the chain was clearly lashing the frame rail as I was going over the bumps