New planet X Pro carbon dilemma - ????

ricey155
ricey155 Posts: 233
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all interested on your thoughts on a matter please ??

my bike turned up Thursday well packed and in mint condition, i copied the spec on there website to my blog so got hard evidence on the matter, the original webpage and my order doesn't show up any longer

the bike is awesome BUT it has the following spec issues to what i originally looked at

the wheels are there OMEGA branded wheels V Planet X Model B wheelset 700 C

the crank is SRAM apex powerglide 50/34T 1- spd V FSA Team Issue Carbon MegaExo Road Crankset / 170 mm

the tyre schwable blizzard sports V Schwalbe Ultremo R1 Folding Tyre / 700c

the crank and tyres are deffo downgrades on the spec and its looks like the crank alone is nearly £90 cheaper i can't say wether or not its a downgrade on price tho, the tyres are deffo again a cheaper option

how much were OMEGA wheels ?? not the fact there heavier than spec'd wheels, the rest is as it should be SRAM red and apex brakes etc, stem, bars etc all fine

i love the bike but i feel kinda let down yes i saved £200 being a showroom model but have they deceived me on spec and swopped parts ???

has this happen to anyone else ?

2nd option is the option i should have received

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Did you go into the showroom, look at it and the buy it? Because it wouldn't surprise me if the spec was slightly different for a display model?

or did you buy it online advertised as a display model, but with the specs listed on the for sale page?
  • ricey155
    I bought it online via this spec list, it should be a listed surely id expect it to be

Full Spec:

SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
    Gear Cable Barrel Adjuster For Road Bikes Grey
    Planet X Pro Carbon Road Frame New Logo / Small / Red
    Planet X Pro Carbon Road Fork New Logo / 1 1/8in / Red
    Ultra Light FORGED Brake Callipers / Pair / Black
    SRAM PG 1050 Cassette / 10 sp / 1126
    SRAM PC1051 10 Sp Chain 114 Links
    FSA Team Issue Carbon MegaExo Road Crankset / 170 mm / Black / 53/39 / Includes BSA Thread Bottom Bracket
    Stealth Pro Carbon Fork Bung MK 2 / 11/8
    SRAM Red Front Mech / Braze On / Double
    Front Mech Band on Clamp / 349 mm / Silver
    FSA Orbit CE Headset / 11/8 / Black / Integrated / 15 mm Stack
    Superlight Headset Spacer Pack / 11/8 / Black
    Impac Inner Tube / 2025 / 700c / Presta
    No Pedals
    SRAM Red Rear Mech / Road / Short Cage
    OnOne 6061T6 Forged Alloy Seatclamp Bolt Up / 349 mm
    SRAM Red 10 Speed Double Tap Shfters Pair / Double
    Factory Fitted STI Hoods Only
    Planet X Model B wheelset 700 C / Shimano/SRAM / 20/24h Black /
    Schwalbe Ultremo R1 Folding Tyre / 700c / 23c / White
    Ritchey Comp Streem V2 Saddle / Steel / White
    Cork Bar Tape / Black
    Planet X Anatomic Road Bar Strada 7075 / 42cm / Polished Black / 31.8mm Clamp
    Planet X Superlight Team 3D Forged Stem 110 mm / Polished Black / 6 degrees / 31.8 mm Clamp
    FSA SL 250 SBS Alloy Seatpost / 31.6 mm / Black
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Complain if it is not what you ordered and you have paid for a higher spec. They have to refund you/fix it. Did you get an order confirmation that showed exactly what you had paid for?
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    nathancom wrote:
    Complain if it is not what you ordered and you have paid for a higher spec. They have to refund you/fix it. Did you get an order confirmation that showed exactly what you had paid for?

Ah, the "order confirmation". That's where things can change in my experience. :(
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • ricey155
    I got my order number - the bike i bought was the only one available being a showroom ex display bike

im going to email PX and see what they say about it, the process wasn't as i thought i rang them Monday to ask about delivery timescale and got told its out today (Delivery Tuesday) and arrived Thursday ok i was keen to get it so a bit peed off

just seems weird - the seat and seatpost aren't as per spec either (ive got Selle and its says Richey, and PX rather than FSA)

like i said its a great bike just disapointed on certain parts being under spec'd and heavier

Weight: Front 980g with Quick release lever
    Weight: Rear 1220g with Quick release lever

Weight - Front (g) 705
    Weight - Rear (g) 948
    QR 105g
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    Ricey155 wrote:
    Hi all interested on your thoughts on a matter please ??
    My thoughts are, that I fail to understand why your first instinct was to post on a forum where no one can help you, instead of taking the matter up with the retailer? ?????????..
  • ricey155
    Bruce firstly i wanted to see if anyone else had any problems like this in the past, is it a regular thing that happens in the bike world or a complete one off

PX have been emailed asking why ive been mis-sold, forums are for sharing and asking questions or what's the point ?

1st road bike i went to the shop in Hinckley viewed it bought it, this time i read some words had a price in mind and bought it upon receipt it isn't as read

onwards

one thing i like the compact frame seems to fit the bill :mrgreen:
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    BruceG wrote:
    My thoughts are, that I fail to understand why your first instinct was to post on a forum where no one can help you, instead of taking the matter up with the retailer? ?????????..
    +1
    Simon
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My PX was exactly as I specced it. Give them a bell and
    They'll sort it.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Surely its because you havent bought the "carbon pro spec" thats listed on the website, you've instead bought an ex showroom bike?

How exactly was the advert worded?
  • StorckSpeed
    StorckSpeed Posts: 291
    Sale of Goods Act -
    13 Sale by description.(1)Where there is a contract for the sale of goods by description, there is an implied [F9term] that the goods will correspond with the description.
    (1A)As regards England and Wales and Northern Ireland, the term implied by subsection (1) above is a condition.] .
    (2)If the sale is by sample as well as by description it is not sufficient that the bulk of the goods corresponds with the sample if the goods do not also correspond with the description.

Under the Distance Selling Act - If you've been sent the wrong item or the item is faulty, you can return it and ask for your money back. In these cases the seller must cover the cost of returning the items.

You have 28 days to get this sorted from date of delivery.
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • ricey155
    i copied and pasted the full spec from there website when i finally decided to buy it (the bike is great im not unhappy its just a few spec issues) i'll keep this for my contact with planet x and see what they say before i show it to anyone

interesting how your not allowed to talk about certain bike dealers when you have issues only when you have the correct stuff yes ??

i have no issue with PX and await a reply to my email

another question is the sram apex and worse than the FSA crankset other than price ?? will it last as long ?
  • dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    This thread is ridiculous. If someone posted everytime an online dealer sent the wrong things, the forums would be swamped. These things happen, wait to see what their response is - then if you still feel aggrieved by all means post something.
  • BruceG
    Ricey155 wrote:
    i copied and pasted the full spec from there website when i finally decided to buy it (the bike is great im not unhappy its just a few spec issues) i'll keep this for my contact with planet x and see what they say before i show it to anyone

interesting how your not allowed to talk about certain bike dealers when you have issues only when you have the correct stuff yes ??

i have no issue with PX and await a reply to my email

another question is the sram apex and worse than the FSA crankset other than price ?? will it last as long ?
    Two things come to mind here if you have no issue with PX what was the point of your post? and secondly why did you not just do something really quaint and pick up the phone and speak to a person on the thursday that your bike was delivered? Surely this would have been the sensible option, and theen if you received poor service from PX, THEN post up here!
  • This is being looked into, though our system is currently digesting the results of the year end stock take, so I can't have anyone actually access the right section to find out what's gone wrong. Mr Rice has been kept as up to date as he can be.
  • Ricey155 wrote:
    I bought it online via this spec list, it should be a listed surely id expect it to be

Full Spec:

SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
    ....they deceived me on spec and swopped parts ???...

What I'm trying to get to the bottom of is why your bike is an XL White, why the photo on the page you bought your bike from is of an XL White with Omega wheels and an Apex crank, and why the spec you've referenced refers to a small red model.

Digging.
  • BruceG
    Ricey155 wrote:

Full Spec:

SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
    ....they deceived me on spec and swopped parts ???...

What I'm trying to get to the bottom of is why your bike is an XL White, why the photo on the page you bought your bike from is of an XL White with Omega wheels and an Apex crank, and why the spec you've referenced refers to a small red model.

Digging.
    So probabaly if the guy had telephoned you when his bike arrived instead of rushing to put up a usless post on an internet forum, you could have then had a much better chance of clearing up his problem
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    All retailers will make mistakes from time to time. What sets the good retailers apart is how they deal with such mistakes and Planet X are IME the sort of company that will go that little bit extra to sort things out. Such a shame that the OP didn't actually give them a chance to sort it out before posting suggestions that they had somehow deceived him.
    More problems but still living....
  • ricey155
    Appreciate your PM'S and help, Rob Contacted me tonight to talk about it and resolve it

Digging.[/quote]
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    amaferanga wrote:
    All retailers will make mistakes from time to time. What sets the good retailers apart is how they deal with such mistakes and Planet X are IME the sort of company that will go that little bit extra to sort things out. Such a shame that the OP didn't actually give them a chance to sort it out before posting suggestions that they had somehow deceived him.
    Spot on, sounds like Wiggle have a lot to answer for.