Pro Cycling on TV

Silly Old Hector
Silly Old Hector Posts: 573
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Can anyone tell me if there are channels to what pro cycle racing (UK/Europe/O'Seas) ?

I'm using council telly (Freesat/Freeview).

Obviously TdF on ITV4, but would like to watch a bit more 8)
All the gear, but no idea...

Comments

• Eurosport tour of Flanders is on today
    Itv4 tour de France
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Have a look at steephill.tv - there's a link to live streaming for each race.

I only have standard freeview but I watch all the races this way, including Flanders today.

Also I have a lot of previous races on DVD from the cycling weekly shop
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Secteur wrote:
    Have a look at steephill.tv - there's a link to live streaming for each race.

I only have standard freeview but I watch all the races this way, including Flanders today.

Also I have a lot of previous races on DVD from the cycling weekly shop

Steephill works but the quality is iffy

Eurosport has pretty much everything
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    There's a sticky on the pro race forum which should explain all...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12843356
  • 1964johnr
    1964johnr Posts: 179
    If you are seiously in to watching pro cycling on TV you need Eurosport. They have more coverage than all of the other channels put together. This year they have already covered Oman, Quatar, Tirreno Adriatica, Catalunya, Paris Neice, Flanders and others. Next weekend they cover Paris Roubaix. They also have the other Belgium Classics like Fleche Wallone, plus Amstel Gold and of course The Giro, The Tour and The Vuelta. Also have Lombardia, Tour de Suisse, Tour of Romandy, Tour of Poland. The list goes on. I watch them all. It drives my wife nuts. David Harmon and Sean Kelly commentate on the biggest races, great combination, as good as Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin. There is nothing better on a summers day than a ride in the morning and then four hours of the Harmon/Kelly double act commentating on The Tour. (Not sure all my spellings of the events are correct)