Sandhurst/Bracknell Area

xmadxmoex
xmadxmoex Posts: 135
edited April 2012 in MTB rides
Hello All.. my first post..

Im looking for someone or a group to ride with in the area above (and anywhere within 10 miles of this area really)

Im into x/c with the odd tricky/steep trail here and there, went for a walk into the Bramshill forest area near me and saw a few trails crossing the main foot paths so i know theres some of you out there! :wink:

Im 25 and ride a 2006 Kona Scrap, id probably consider myself nearly a beginner again with how long ive been off the bike! but happy to ride with any level wether it be all day or just an hour or two a week.

Hope to hear from some of you.
Moe.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Lol. I guess you havent found the full swinley (the generic name for the bramshill/crowthorne wood/lookout/Swinley Forest) area yet then? Theres around 20 miles of singletrack hidden in that forest. Look for rides on the London Calling thread. We ride at swinley usually leaving from the lookout http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=crowtho ... m&t=m&z=15.

We also stray further afield too...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    Actually, theres a ride today at 11 if you're about.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    PS Welcome.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • xmadxmoex
    Hey cheers for the quick reply!

Ive just moved into the area having lived in surrey and the midlands previously but now working in bracknell and heard there were some good rides around.

I'd seen the lookout online whilst 'googling' would i be correct thinking i'd need to get myself a permit?

Unfortunatly im at work 7am-7pm today otherwise id love to join (lucky me heh!).. whens the next one?

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just keep an eye on London Calling - generally a few rides a week, either Swinley or Surrey Hills, plus bits at Aston and odd trips to Wales (Cwmcarn on the 18th). You should have a permit, but I'd ride a bit and then decide.
    It's informal, so anyone who has time/inclination just posts what they want to do, and anyone free joins in.
    We also have a Facebook page, which gets used a lot, and there is a Swinley Forest page as well - lots of rides, including evenings.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/SwinleyforestMTB/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • xmadxmoex
    Cheers cooldad, ive requested to join both FB groups and ill keep an eye on the thread here too.

Look forward to meeting a few new folk :)