£550-800ish budget, best Hybrid?

Ibb1982
Ibb1982 Posts: 30
edited April 2012 in Commuting general
Hey guys

Please could you help me find my next bike? In order to avoid duplication please follow my original thread here http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12845154

Thanks in advance
Whyte Stirling 2012 - mine since 6/4/12!

Comments

• Ibb1982
    sneaky bump ;)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    my advice - don't get a hybrid.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    With that budget, I test rode the Whyte Portobello, Specialized Sirrus and Boardmany Hybrid Team. All excelent bikes in their own way - I went for the Boardman but your preference may be different. Hybrid covers a wide area from Mountain bike with slicks to Road bike with flat bars and everything in between - there is massive variation so you need first to find out what type of Hybrid you want. Hope that helps
  • Ibb1982
    apreading wrote:
    With that budget, I test rode the Whyte Portobello, Specialized Sirrus and Boardmany Hybrid Team. All excelent bikes in their own way - I went for the Boardman but your preference may be different. Hybrid covers a wide area from Mountain bike with slicks to Road bike with flat bars and everything in between - there is massive variation so you need first to find out what type of Hybrid you want. Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply, really appreciated.

I wanted to get the Boardman as it does ride very nicely and you get a lot for your money, however couldn't get it with my work as they are signed up to CycleScheme and not the Halford's own. Shame really as the Boardman Urban MTB was on sale for 599.99 (250 off), I would've got a further 29.4% off on Cyclescheme, would've been such a great deal for an 850 bike :( oh well.

I'm eyeing up the Cannondale R SLX 2011 that is now 799.99 down from 999.99 and it looks like a good purchase, but then again the Portobello 2011 edition at 549.99 is a great deal too! haha I'm going crazy trying to decide!