Stress Relief

mouth
mouth Posts: 1,195
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Had a hell of a day at work today (Saturday). Two mechanical breakdowns and what seemed to be most of the local 6th form puking up their cider on the back of the bus. Coupled to all of this an older passenger decided to tell me that I didn't have any patience when dealing with the cider boys. That was the most annoying part tbh.

Anyway, cashed up and got changed. Climbed on the bike for the 4 miles home. Seems all is forgotten and Saturday never happened. I feel great. Almost like I don't want the feeling to go away.

No point to all this. Just thought I'd share the power of wind in your face.
The only disability in life is a poor attitude.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Cool. I think the mental power of commuting by bike is probably a benefit under-reported. Not only does it help deal with adrenalin/noradrenalin etc but it also has the potential to release endorphins and, frankly, just gives you time to think and deal with all of the crap of the day. Being cooped up in a car in a traffic jam does none of these things. It probably helps you sleep more soundly too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I'm sorry, but I expected far more from a thread entitled "stress relief by mouth"
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    SimonAH wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I expected far more from a thread entitled "stress relief by mouth"

<<Adopts fruity West Country accent>> Such a disappointment for a girl...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    SecretSam wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

<<Adopts fruity West Country accent>> Such a disappointment for a girl...

Oi MyNameIsn'tSam! I'm a six two bloke with a beard like Captain Haddock! Are you casting nasturtiams?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.