New Wheels......Recommendations Please???

AORboyo
AORboyo Posts: 53
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
Howdy Roadsters,

Thinking of upgrading my wheels on my Trek Madone, which is fitted with Bontrager Race Lite Clinchers at the present moment, which I will swap onto my winter bike......Lets say budget is £800 / £1000.

Was thinking about some Carbon wheels, clinchers most probs....Will be using these wheels for everyday UK summer riding / training, sportives & the odd race here 'n there etc.....So Tubs I would think are out of the question.

What do folk recommend???

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    There are quite a few in that price range.
    Lots of previous topics on the matter as well.

What groupset do you use?..to see what Campag or Shimano are available.

Get some good handbuilts as well with that money.
  • AORboyo
    Shimano Dura Ace I'm running in the gear department. I'm just looking what folk brag up & then I can take it from there.....Like you state RC, soo many to choose from BUT what are the BEST???
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    How about some planet x carbon clinchers and use the rest of your money going on a training camp or trip to hhe alps or summink?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • AORboyo
    There's alot of HIGH praise doing the rounds for 'Dura Ace CL 24's', I also like the look on the 35's, especially for the price.
  • jmeadows
    jmeadows Posts: 335
    Got a set of pete matthews, handbuilt I can highly recommend them, he has a lot of great deals at the mo', jump on his website & give him a call
    never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...
  • marksteven
    marksteven Posts: 208
    i bought some 50mm clinchers on alibaba last year, cost about £290 ithink, then had mr rowland build me the wheels. didnt get to use them much , coz i crashed & smashed my elbow to pieces a week after order,. looking forward to this year tho :D . my mate who is bout a million times better than me got some to & he loves em