Kuota KOM Evo black /New photo

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Jealous...that is beautiful. I used to prefer the Kharma cutaway seat tube but the Kom just looks classy.
  • ezine
    ezine Posts: 26
    Thank you. Here is some work with white nail polish on the zip ties.

7034155845_a82928083c_z.jpg
    KUOTA Kom Evo by ezine2012, on Flickr
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Muts nuts 8)
    And some real race dimensions too :shock: You must ride full bore all the time !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    That flat stem looks incredibly badass.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    OMFG! :shock:

That is S T U N N I N G.

Jesus, what a bike.
  • ezine
    Thank you all! I admit having lowered the saddle 3cms after the photoshooting. But still feel flexy to ride with this geometry. And am confident to get rid of the two 5mm spacers very soon to ride with a slammed stem.
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Nicely thought out build and the SISL are a nice touch :mrgreen:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    V E R Y smart...
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    nice, but not sure about how that flat bar set up looks. Deeper rims next upgrade I reckon :D
  • ezine
    Thanks guys.
    @Glasgowbhoy: I will stuck with 32mm deep rims here because the KOM frame is not an "aero" frame but more a "light"
    (well,sub 1kg for a 54 ) frame.So the 1280gr MV32UL C fit this one more than deeper rims with a weight penalty.
    I am riding deeper rims (50mm) on my aero bike which is a Cervelo S2.
  • ezine
    Thanks guys.
    @Glasgowbhoy: I will stuck with 32mm deep rims here because the KOM frame is not an "aero" frame but more a "light"
    (well,sub 1kg for a 54 ) frame.So the 1280gr MV32UL C fit this one more than deeper rims with a weight penalty.
    I am riding with deeper rims (50mm) on my aero bike which is a Cervelo S2.
  • ezine
    problem on computer. sorry for the double post.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    ezine wrote:
    Thanks guys.
    I am riding with deeper rims (50mm) on my aero bike which is a Cervelo S2.

Those 50mm clinchers from Cruise Racing on my Kebel come in at 1310g so not much of a penalty really. The 50mm tubs are 1000g !

http://www.cruiseracingproducts.com/

Enjoy the KOM I'm sure if it's anything like the Kebel it'll be great to race on
  • ezine
    Thanks for the link.
    Very good weight for the Cruise wheels!!
    Enjoy your ride.
  • ezine
    Heard some issues with the combination of Sram Red and Cdale SISL cranks shifting before the build.
    After some adjustments and with my chain catcher I must say that it shifts beautiful and as precise as my DA 7900 on my S2.
    7032703801_1083cf2742_z.jpg
    KUOTA Kom Evo by ezine2012, on Flickr
  • epo-aholic
    epo-aholic Posts: 1,414
    VERY nice looking bike, great attention to detail, very light all-out race machine......having said that i'd imagine long rides may be tough, have you ever spent 5 hours in the saddle on that?
  • That is simply stunning!
    Is that a complete 3T finsihing kit?
    Is that a SRAM Red set up (judging by the logos on the shifters).

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you part with for the bike and where did you acquire it from? I'm going to be in the market for a racier bike in the near future to compliment my sportive bike at present, and Kuotas are starting to grab my attention...this one is a beauty!
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • ezine
    epo-aholic wrote:
    VERY nice looking bike, great attention to detail, very light all-out race machine......having said that i'd imagine long rides may be tough, have you ever spent 5 hours in the saddle on that?

Thanks,Epo.
    As said in a previous post I did lower my saddle (3cms) to what you see on the photo.
    I did some 4 hour rides with this geometry . No problems so far.
    That is simply stunning!
    Is that a complete 3T finsihing kit?
    Is that a SRAM Red set up (judging by the logos on the shifters).

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you part with for the bike and where did you acquire it from? I'm going to be in the market for a racier bike in the near future to compliment my sportive bike at present, and Kuotas are starting to grab my attention...this one is a beauty!

Thank you KP!
    Yes,this is a complete 3T cockpit. I have regraphed the stem to some kind of stealth because the -17 degree stems are not available in a stealth look yet.
    I have blacked out the white field on the bar behind the stems faceplate because one 3T logo there is sufficiant IMO.The second one is now a black logo.
    Only the seat post is from AFCBike. This is a stunning lightweight alloy post even some gr lighter than KCNC Ti ProLite and I like the lazer engraved cool logos.
    The frame comes with the original setback Kuota carbon post but that weighs 215gr.So I have a weight loss of nearly 80grs with the AFCBike post.
    Saddle is a fully stripped and then sanded Sp.Toupe. I had to sand down the small plastic parts on the nose and the two on the back of the saddle on the same level as the main seat area. Then I have polished it and sprayed it gloss black plus some thin clean gloss varnish on top. It still weighs 20gr less than the original.
    And yes,this is a complete Sram Red/Black set up beside the Cdale crank set.But again a lot of detail work on shifters,FD,RD and brakes to regraph and black out parts.
    I will PM you with regards of my frame & components sources.
  • ezine
    aatothek wrote:
    shoot the bed dude! Thats an AWESOME ride!!!
    Thanks for the favourable comments on my Kebel but this beast blows mine out of the water!
    If you ever get sick of it....

Thanks! Caught riding it most out of fleet of three. :D
  • Really nice ride, like the colourway.
  • ezine
    Really nice ride, like the colourway.

Was not around for a while. Thanks THD. :D
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Utterly stunning. Fabulous attention to detail. Probably the best bike on BR at the moment.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • ezine
    Carl_P wrote:
    Utterly stunning. Fabulous attention to detail. Probably the best bike on BR at the moment.

Thanks for the compliments Carl.
  • ezine
    7682252234_2eca757c44_z.jpg
    P1010010 by ezine2012, on Flickr

Here I have some deeper dish (38vs32) training wheels (no Reynolds) and Kuota's seat post&clamp.