Any help with a route to avoid North Circular?

aidanjc
aidanjc Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in Commuting general
Hello
New here so apologies if this is not the kind of thing to ask.

I want to think about cycling to work now the weather is a bit better. I need to get from South Ealing to Staples Corner. I don't want to cycle around Hanger Lane Gyratory or on the North Circular. Does anyone know of any decent cycle routes? I am wondering if there is a way to do it by cycling down to near Perivale and hook up with a canal route that might come out near the Welsh Harp.

Whilst I want to avoid the North Circular I would prefer not to double the distance.

Any suggestions from any cyclists familiar with the area much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I don't know of any cycle-specific routes in that area, but I'd have thought that if you turned north onto Horn Lane once riding into Acton you ought to be OK. The Horn Lane intersection with the A40 looks bad but is actually very easy to cycle.

Apart from that it's not very easy to cross the A40 without getting off and taking a pedestrian crossing.

If you're looking for a scenic route then I think you're out of luck; I didn't have much success finding attractive places to ride while I was there, but on the other hand I hail from the Cotswolds so perhaps my standards are just too high!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • aidanjc
    aidanjc Posts: 3
    Thanks Des!