Nearly had a SpeedKing moment

shouldbeinbed
shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Ok, So My Revolution Cross 10 has been stolen and it took GMP all of 24 hours after my reporting it to write to me, signing off the crime as unsolvable.

I make the call to my insurers Legal and General (been with 'em for years, never made a claim), the Revo isn't one of my specified extra level of cover bikes as it is under £500 so is just covered as a household item.

I'm upfront and honest with them, It was my son riding it to work, the bike was locked up in town, decent level of D lock (or so he thought) and they tell me its not covered 'cos it was not within the bounds of my property and isn't on the specified list & if I'd just added a generic 'upto £500 bikes' caveat to that, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Politely but firmly I tell them how upset I am at this & I want to make a complaint as this was not made clear to me when I negotiated the bike cover. Also that they might like to look at the loyalty and money I've paid them for no claims that they will be losing.

I composed quite a ranty warning on here about L&G insurance, having bigged them up before now, but remembering SpeedKing stopped just short of hitting the submit button, waiting for their response first.

24 hours later I get a call apologising for the "bad advice" and would I like to submit my claim over the phone now which will be paid in full on a new for old basis, less my agreed excess. I'm just waiting for the £350 to go into my account now.

whether it was a mistake initially or a gesture of goodwill to keep my custom - fair play to L&G for sorting it out so quickly.

Comments