campag compatable cassettes

wiganwarriors
wiganwarriors Posts: 132
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
Hi folks. My current gearing is 50/34 and 12/25. Just wondering what make and where i could purchase a 13/28 cassette as campag dont seemingly manafacture such a config. would have kept the original gearing but about to ride the Cheshire Cat and dont believe i will manage Mow cop.
thanks

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    Changing a cassette for a 50 metres stretch at 1:4 is a bit drastic... get on with the 25, I bet you can do it
    left the forum March 2023
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    You can buy a 12/27 and on a compact you'll be able to manage just fine.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    do you mean the cheshire cat route, the actual ride was last week, hehe

I did it on a 34/28 and was glad of the bail out gear, although a 27 and at a big big push a 25 would have done, but the 28 made it a whole lot easier - you can get a campag 13-29 here for only 45 squid.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    do you mean the cheshire cat route, the actual ride was last week, hehe

I did it on a 34/28 and was glad of the bail out gear, although a 27 and at a big big push a 25 would have done, but the 28 made it a whole lot easier - you can get a campag 13-29 here for only 45 squid.

Yep as Cleat says get yourself a 13/29 new off Fleabay about £37 incl postage for a Veloce one.

BTW if you go up on the cassette don't forget to use a larger chain and probably adjust your b-screw on the rear mech?

I'm off to Majorca in a few weeks and have bought a 12/29 and a new chain which I will fit on my 11s and take off and use it only for hilly events such as the Wild Wales.

Don't be ashamed going to an easier gearing, better to get up than struggle.