Can you enlarge fork travel?

MTB noob
MTB noob Posts: 272
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a set of SR Suntour XCR LO's on delivery to replace my 06' XCR's which i have posted about. (at last) :D

Me and my friend are interested in fork sizes between 120 and 160mm and we want to know if there is any way that I can increase the size of the fork travel from 100mm to something like 140 without going to fork out a lot of money getting Epicons or something. :?

The reason for this is that we are a group of very energetic mountain bikers and sometimes 100mm just doesn't feel like enough (and it looks good) 8)

My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    No. Not with the version you have.

But what is the frame, some simply cannot take a larger fork.
  • MTB noob
    MTB noob Posts: 272
    i might put it on a Carrera Valour frame (I know it fits because my friend has done it) or i'll put it on my customized bike which was made from scratch and has the 2006 version on.
    My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Valour no chance, 120 mm max. 160mm is just ridiculuous on that frame!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    MTB noob wrote:
    i might put it on a Carrera Valour frame (I know it fits because my friend has done it) or i'll put it on my customized bike which was made from scratch and has the 2006 version on.
    You can fit ant fork to any frame. Wether it is a good idea or not or if it will even be rideable is something totally different.

Also take a camera with you and have good health insurance.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown