Strava oddity

snickwell
snickwell Posts: 72
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
I don't know if anyone can replicate this...

On my 'homepage' where I can view my rides, I have been given some minor placings (7th etc) on some difficult foreign climbs. However, when you go through to look at that particular segment, I discover I'm way down the leaderboard. Now, my average speed over the segment is VERY low, mainly because I've stopped to take photos.

Can anyone explain this difference? Does your homepage record your average moving time over the segment?!

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Use the support form to post a request. it can take a couple of days, but they're usually very thorough.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    snickwell wrote:
    On my 'homepage' where I can view my rides, I have been given some minor placings (7th etc) on some difficult foreign climbs. However, when you go through to look at that particular segment, I discover I'm way down the leaderboard. Now, my average speed over the segment is VERY low, mainly because I've stopped to take photos.

Did you upload old rides? so the date you did them was some time ago? On your page it's the achievement you got on the day you rode it. So if you uploaded a ride from a year ago, you could get a "KOM" on a climb, but then when you look 1000 people have gone faster than you since so it would show you in 1001 place.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/