Which one? Kuota or Ridley?

Gusbang
Gusbang Posts: 14
edited March 2012 in Road buying advice
Looking to upgrade my current alu bike to something a bit nicer now I am doing regular long distance rides, my choice is a little limited because I want to buy from my LBS.

My choice is either a Kuota Kharma or a Ridley Orion, I am going for a ride on both of them hopefully next week if I have the time. If my choice was based on looks I would go for the Kuota.

I am sure most of you will say wait for test ride to decide but any additional advise will be usefull to help me decide.

Comments

• Sorry...but wait for a test ride!

Seriously, it's the only way to be sure. Obviously, that's limiting your choice a bit - but they are both excellent racer/sportive bikes. I have a Kharma and test rode an Orion (along with quite a few others, it has to be said). The Kharma was my personal favorite - it just felt right and it also looks amazing in the flesh! I'm surprised there aren't more of them on the road. I run it with full Ultegra ( it comes with Kuota front mech...which is ok....and Kuota brakes...which I didn't find ok...and changed to Ultegra) and Shimano RS80 wheels. In a word fab. But test first before getting your card out - you're spending a lot of money.
    Never mistake motion for action
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69
  • Gusbang
    Gusbang Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply and thanks for mentioning the brakes, I will look into that if/when I decide to buy.