what psi for ny weight?????

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
hi guys first post for me here

can some one help me out im not sure what psi i should pump my front and rear shock to and how to set them up ie rear shock sag and bob.. im 15.5 stone but when i got the bike last year i was 14.2 lol befor i get the comments its musscel that has increased my weight lol . i brought a sus pump today but dont want to start mucking about with it till i no what im doing or have some info on this i will give you some details on what bike i have and the suss on it if this helps???

Specialized Camber FSR Comp 2011
Front Fork: RockShox Recon Silver TK, Turn Key damper, Solo Air, alloy steerer, rebound adjust, disc only, 120mm travel
Rear Shock: RockShox Ario RL, air spring, rebound adjust and lockout, 7.875×2.0″
i am 5.11 ft and 15.5 stone if this helps aswell
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What ever you need to get the sag that you want.

It is that simple.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    so its at 150psi and i get about 10mm sag is this fine for an normal set up?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    Nope, you should get about 20-25% sag front and rear. So if its the fork, 10mm is not enough.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • sigorman85
    so i need to drop the psi on the rear to about 100-110?

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Whatever it takes! It might be them pressures, you have to experiment. 25% sag is a good starter. if that feels too soft when riding, drop to 20%. If too firm, 30%.

You can't equate PSI of one fork or bike/shock to another, there are no set values. But sag you can compare.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Measure the sag standing on the pedals as if you were riding a bumpy section, not sitting down.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    cheers thanks for the help il have a go tomorrow