This fuel shortage thing...

2»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    rgliniany wrote:
    i earn $'s so its like comparing apples with apples.... if you see what i mean
    Not really. It depends on average earnings, cost of living and so on.
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    rgliniany wrote:
    xmadxmoex wrote:
    I like this thread :mrgreen:

warrents multi-million pond salarys.

That is a lot of ponds........ probably why they get paid so much cash as well....... to buy land for the ponds........

I Really think i should read before i press the submit button :lol:

@ jndb72 - this is also true.. the government is just as bad!
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    what say we stop buying Fuel for a week and see if the "wonderfull" public transport system could cope. Never mind that it would probably cost us more to use the bus/train as all the transport companies are ripping every one off,especially the #1 bus group.Who's fares up ere are a Fcuking joke.
  • That's still about £1.05 a litre, which would be heavenly over here! We pay that much to the government, pretty much!

Your looking at this the wrong way. If salaries are about the same, say you make 20k in british pounds in the U.K., and 20k in Australia, it doesn't matter what the exchange rate it, it costs more. People often make the mistake of converting the money into their countries currency and assuming prices are low or exactly the same because they base everything on the currency they use, it is very easy to become dis-illusioned due to the changes, but the fact is the money system has the same value within the country, so paying more hurts more.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Generally in Australia though, wages are higher and cost of living is less. It is quite well known they are 'better off' than us (I'm sure there are a lot of anomalies out there though) so it probably evens itself out.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    That's still about £1.05 a litre, which would be heavenly over here! We pay that much to the government, pretty much!

Your looking at this the wrong way. If salaries are about the same, say you make 20k in british pounds in the U.K., and 20k in Australia, it doesn't matter what the exchange rate it, it costs more. People often make the mistake of converting the money into their countries currency and assuming prices are low or exactly the same because they base everything on the currency they use, it is very easy to become dis-illusioned due to the changes, but the fact is the money system has the same value within the country, so paying more hurts more.
    Interesting chart here, showing each country's average income and disposable income, in US dollars.
    Not sure how accurate or recent the figures are, this being wikipedia and all, but an interesting insight, nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... ite_note-4