Advice required re damaged frame under warranty

drewsie
drewsie Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Hi folks, my first post so please go easy on me :lol:

Right, I'll try and keep this very brief.

Bought myself a Boardman Comp MTB 2010 under the cycle2work scheme back in Jan 2011

I've had this annoying clicking sound that I thought was coming from the pedal area. Had this problem really since I purchased the item. Should of took it back to halfords I know but I don't really have any confidence in their mechanics.

The clicking noise would only start if I applied pressure to the pedals, which made me think that was where the problem was coming from.

Took it into my local bike shop for a service etc and to get them to sort this clicking problem out.

Guys at local bike shop said that it could be the bottom bracket and would take a look.

Had a call today to say that it wasn't the bottom bracket but there is a problem with the weld near to the head tube.

Basically the frame is goosed by all accounts.

Now, has anyone had any similar experiences where by they have had to take a bike back to halfords and complain etc. The frame has a 2 year warranty so I'm pretty confident that they'll have to sort something out.

What can I expect?

If I'm honest I'd be happy if they replaced it like for like or am I being overly realistic?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Just take it back- I shouldn't see a problem TBH. Don't ignore noises either!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • You bought the frame and it was cracked, they can't repair that so they will have to give you a replacement frame or bike. Go back and tell em!
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • drewsie
    Thanks for the reply folks.

Should have said that I've already contacted Halfords Cust Serv and they have told me to book it in with my local Halfords for inspection.

Hopefully I wont get messed about and something will get sorted out pronto.

Thanks again
  • drewsie
    Update.

Took the bike in this morning and was told they will replace the frame.

Result :)