Bought wheels with 15mm front axle - options?

twonks
twonks Posts: 352
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Having just bought some Crossrides from the forum, I failed to notice the 15mm hollow axle on the front wheel - oops

Not a real problem as ultimately I want to be upgrading the forks so will get some with the appropriate axle, but without opening a car of worms, can I simply put in some adaptors to take it down to std QR skewers for the time being?

A search suggests that all Mavic wheels will be ok with a plastic adaptor - apart from the crossrides.. doh.

I know it can be done on some wheels as my Pro II hub on the main bike has the adaptors in and uses a std QR.

Any thoughts as to how it can be done, or should I just leave them in the garage until I sort some forks out.

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    twonks wrote:
    I know it can be done on some wheels as my Pro II hub on the main bike has the adaptors in and uses a std QR.

Just swap the wheels over for now?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    Sorry, I may not have made it clear in the first post.

The Crossrides are for my second bike - a Piglet build.
    At the moment it has wheels with QRs and I have no means to swap the wheels over as the crossride front has a 15mm hollow axle. - hence the question about adaptors.

The Hope hoops on the main FS bike are also QR and that bike isn't getting touched at the moment lol
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Get a 15mm axle made up for it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown