want to knock myself in to shape good and proper this year

foo-fighter
foo-fighter Posts: 113
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
After a bit of a break for a couple of reasons im back riding again, this year i have decided to go all out to improve my over all fitness. I'm fed up with only loosing a few pounds here and there so im looking for advice one what i should and shouldnt be eating before,during and after cycling. I really want to be totally different by Christmas, i think thats a fairly reasonable time scale. So any advice welcomed.
thanks
Si

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    "So any advice welcomed."

You did say any...

Try a vegetarian diet it makes everything go faster! :D

That would make you totally different by Christmas.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    Eat a healthy diet and just go out and ride your bike like you stole it :)
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    I have the opposite problem and it bugs me so much, I need to gain weight :(
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Break down what you eat into lotts of 100 calories where at al possible ... It only takes a couple of times before you remember how much cheese, how many apples etc. you can eat for 100 calories ... It allows you to portion control andceasily keep trackof your daily total ... Daft things like only puting enough milk in your weetabix to make it up to 200 calories do add up in the end ...

Worked for me ... I even found that I had room for 2 squares of lindt chocolate or 50g of haagen dazs (2 small scoops) most days ...

Beer is the killer ... 250 calories in a pint ... But if you count it in terms of calories you soon think twice about having another ...
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    Weightwatchers!!

2.5 stone and counting.