Groin Strain question

nickel
nickel Posts: 476
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
I pulled my groin last saturday I think whilst TTing, all I know is sitting down for dinner that evening I noticed some pain along the inside of my thigh when moving my leg in and out, having had a look on the net I diagnosised myself with a mild (grade 1) groin strain, it hasn't been particularly painful but I thought I better lay off the bike for a few days.

Anyway, the pain's been gradually subsiding and I woke up today pretty much pain free, can move my leg in any direction without any real pain so thought I'd go out for a gentle spin. However for the first 4 or so miles I could feel my adductor nagging on the downstroke, but after about 15 mins of riding the pain vanished. I was wondering if this is normal? Was it just a case of my muscles having to warm up?

Im not riding tomorrow but have a longish hilly ride planned for saturday. Would it be advisable to go ahead with the ride?

Cheers,
Nick

Comments

• themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Well there is a coincidence as I appear to have done the very same thing. I can only put it down to riding my TT bike for the first time this year (I know I should train on it) and its 90" fixed. Like you had a google and have been taking Ibuprofen to ease the inflammation. Not ridden since Monday and I can still feel a dull ache when walking so will rest it over the weekend . I have never experienced this before ,me personally, I wouldn't do a long ride yet.
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    yer I put it down to riding in an aero position (which im not used to) and I also slammed the stem whereas I usually have the bars at the top of the stack height. Never had this issue before either, seem to be pain free now Im hoping i'll be ok on saturday, my dad's got a really nice ride planned and as Im back from uni and he doesn't get much time off work I really dont want to tell him I cant do the ride.