Tapatalk?

13»

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    And it's clunky on an iPhone having to zoom in and out - Let's now confuse iPhone and iPad. iPhone is where the advantage is.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    And it's clunky on an iPhone having to zoom in and out - Let's now confuse iPhone and iPad. iPhone is where the advantage is.

Agreed, but it's also fantastic on ipad, I use the HD version of the app.

All a moot point though innit? Can't see BikeRadar doing anything :D
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Just installed it on my iPad, out of all the forums I visit only one was recognised, it was quick and looked good, but can't see that it is vital before many of the other dev projects that are currently awaiting fixes.

It appears to be one of those things that would be nice if there was the time and resources to do, but as I say I know that there are many other projects requiring action before time and resources can be deployed to add this.

I'm speaking from my own point of view not BR's
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Velonutter wrote:
    Just installed it on my iPad, out of all the forums I visit only one was recognised,

Exactly!

And when they are recocognised, it's a brilliant feature. That's why we've all be prattling on in this thread for so many months :lol: I have 4 facourite forums, they all are compatible with Tapatalk apart from BikeRadar.
  • Another bump for Tapatalk. I've recently installed it on my windows phone and of the main forums I use, Bike Radar is the only one not available. Come on corporate peeps, join the 21st century :wink:
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Velonutter wrote:
    For what it worth Lads, I have never used or heard about tapatalk on any forum until I read it on here, I use my iPad and iPhone 4/5 all the time on forums and never have a problem, it's a piece of cake, can't see the point in using something like that when Safari does fine!

I was exactly the same until about 5 weeks ago when Tapatalk was discounted to pennies so I bought it. Now I use it for all my forums (sic) except BR. Got it on an Android phone and an Andoid tablet.

I am member of a motorbike forum. Someone asked the Tapatalk question, the main mod replied "Do we want Tapatlk compatability enabled?" several posted "Yes". 5 minutes later it was active on Tapatalk. No hassle, no developers....

All that said the motorbike forum is not commercial in anyway. It is hosted on an enthusiast's server so there is no issue with loss of advertising revenues which I suspect will be an issue with the owners of BR forums.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Velonutter wrote:
    Just installed it on my iPad, out of all the forums I visit only one was recognised, it was quick and looked good, but can't see that it is vital before many of the other dev projects that are currently awaiting fixes.

It appears to be one of those things that would be nice if there was the time and resources to do, but as I say I know that there are many other projects requiring action before time and resources can be deployed to add this.

I'm speaking from my own point of view not BR's
    velo, its a 10min install AT most.

Seriously, another forum that i use has recently installed it and its transformed the way the forum is used.

I installed it on my club forum a few years ago now and it just makes mobile forumming so much simpler.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Adsense - there is little incentive for forum owners to use tapatalk as it decreases revenue.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    of course, but you would lose barely any ad revenue as not many people would actually take up using it.

and those that would id imagine already run lots of ad blockers.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Adsense - there is little incentive for forum owners to use tapatalk as it decreases revenue.

Not really. Yes; sure there isn't the viewing of adverts on the tapatalk interface, BUT, it means that people who would otherwise not be using the forum and using it and contributing, so more posts means more activity so more for people who are viewing on proper browsers to look at.

e.g. When I'm at home I read three different forums on tapatalk when sat on my sofa, I don't view Bike Radar at all.

The plugin is free to install, the app is free to download and it increases participation - I really don't see any reason not to do it.
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    velo, its a 10min install AT most.

10 minutes is from start to finish - e.g. registering on the tapatalk site, waiting for the email confirmation, uploading the files etc, all at a leisurely pace.

If you know what you are doing in advance you could do an install in 5 minutes without breaking a sweat.
  • ad-blocker ftw.
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy
  • Tapatalk does a system where you put ads on.
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    Would love BR on tapatalk!
  • tilt wrote:
    Would love BR on tapatalk!

Same. I read lots of forums when away from a PC. BR is not one of them.