Warning for Bristol MBers - Especially Ashton Ct. users.

EightOhEight
EightOhEight Posts: 170
edited March 2012 in The hub
My Mrs got sent this from her Neighborhood Watch Scheme mailing list....

[RINGMASTER COMMUNITY MESSAGING - BRISTOL - NHW Alert BN9665 28032012 09]
>
> This message is being sent across Bristol by Elaine Collingwood, NHW Administrator on Tuesday 28th March 2012.
>
> There has been an increase in the number of burglaries and shed breaks where high value bicycles are being stolen. It is thought that a group of individuals are targeting victims whilst owners are out and about on their bikes at places like Leigh Woods and Ashton Court, before following them home. Offenders are then targeting houses and sheds, breaking padlocks and also in some cases entry has been gained by ripping out the shed roof.
>
> In one incident on 27th March a burglary occurred in a ROAD where 5 bikes were stolen valued at £16,000. These bikes had been used at Ashton Court the previous weekend.
>
> If you own a bike please ensure that you register it at http://www.immobilise.com, take a record of the serial number and lots of photographs. Ensure that your bike is securely locked at all times, preferably to something fixed.
>
> If you see anyone suspicious hanging around bikes please contact the police on 101.
>
>
>
>
> If you have information about any crime, phone the police on 101 or you can call anonymously to the independent charity CRIMESTOPPERS 0800 555 111. For general information about Neighbourhood Watch nationally see the http://www.ourwatch.org.uk website.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    We have had similar in Coventry, 3 members of my group (circa 30 regular riders) have had bikes stolen in the last 2 months.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Long been a problem in Bristol! Makes me glad I used to ride up there from the centre, no reason to drive IMO!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    it's a regular thing up here, especially with the new trails...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    kaise pointed a thing out on the FB page wjere some guys had owned up to stealing over 70 bikes and was showing off about it on a FB page 'bikes for sale in bristol'..knobber