Orange P7 Bashguard

Chris_topher81
Chris_topher81 Posts: 8
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum *waves*. I got a 2012 Orange p7 about A month ago and after a few minor scuffs and near misses with the crank and rocks I'm looking to get a bashguard to protect the bottom of the crank. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. There is a mount on the frame (link to pic pic attached) The crank is a Race Face Evolve triple ring. Your advice would be muchly appreciated.
Chris
6878538646_7845bc6691_z.jpg
IMG_0080 by Chris_topher81, on Flickr

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Chris, welcome. You could get one but there isnt many designed for MTBs that are bashguard alone. Most bash devices run as the outer ring on your cranks (so you loose a chainring). As you do have ISCG mounts you probably can find something that will bolt on, but its going to be luck if you find one. If you dont mind losing a ring, then there is a world of alloy and polycarbonate options awaiting you. Just search for 'bashguard' or 'bash ring', popular brands include Gamut, Blackspire, e-thirteen, Truvative and lots more.

PS - Personally, I wouldn't bother. If you bend the outer ring, straighten it with pliers/hammer/wrench. Its going to wear out eventually anyhow.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.