Canyon Strive what size ?

Paulmission
Paulmission Posts: 8
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Very close to pushing the checkout out button on the strive ES 8.0 , but sizing guide is a little confusing the Canyon guide is recommending a Large 20" frame but the bike I ride now is a cube acid 18" and I test rode a five last week again 18" and I feel this is right for me.I am 6ft tall most of my riding is on single track locally with the odd trail centre thrown in, plan some uplift days on the new bike.
what are your thoughts on the strive ?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Compare the geometry of the Five to that of the Canyon - what are the top tube lengths?
  • 18" five has a top tube length of 602mm, the Canyon in Medium is 592mm large 615mm
    with this in mind would you go for a medium?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Definitely not the large, so aye, the medium.
  • when I looked again the effective top tube length of the five is 602mm the canyon large 615mm the med 592mm
    bang in the middle wish I could just go and sit on one!!!!
  • cubicboy
    cubicboy Posts: 117
    Do a search on Canyon sizing. I'm of the opinion that a Canyon Medium is like a 'small large'. I am 6ft with a 32" inside leg and the Medium is perfect for me (Nerve XC). I think that this is the consensus of opinion but someone 5'8" will come along shortly to tell you that they have a Medium.
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Hi all, first post on this forum after lurking for Canyon Strive info for a while!
    I've recently bought an ES9.0 to replace my Lapierre Spicy that some little scr*te sawed through the frame to remove from my possession....

I'm 5'10 and went for a medium and I think it fits perfectly. They do come up small for a medium though IMO, it's certainly smaller than the Spicy was. Dirt also recommended a large for anyone 5'10 or above. There's a fair amount of standover height (unlike a Spicy) which would normally concern me with a large frame.

Once you've picked a size you'll definitely have made the right choice of bike. Mine is superb, absolutely love it!