Enigma Echo

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
The anticipation is killing me. My new bike is currently being built by Gavin at Enigma. Should be delivered tomorrow/Friday.

I've been teased with this photo:

photo.jpg
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• ajmitchell
    ajmitchell Posts: 203
    that really is a tease! Love the grey graphics and polish finish tho.
  • jordan_217
    It's arrived! :D

Looks absolutely stunning :D I'm currently at work so I'll take some pics tonight and get them posted (as soon as I've been for a ride that is).
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Remember to post pics now... dont want this thread going the way of Ezys Decals!
  • jordan_217
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Remember to post pics now... dont want this thread going the way of Ezys Decals!

I'm far too excited and can confirm that I do actually have something to take photo's of :wink:
  • jordan_217
    After a four week wait, my Enigma Echo arrived this morning. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the finished bike. Jim and Co. at Enigma have done themselves proud - it far exceeds my expectations.

Enjoy!

photo1.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

photo.jpg

Frame: Enigma Echo titanium - 56cm - mirror polished finish with bead blasted decals
    Forks: Enigma Electron carbon

Bars: Enigma aluminium - 42cm cc
    Stem: Enigma aluminium - 110mm
    Headset: Enigma Evolution integrated - titanium, mirror polished
    Bar Tape: Enigma

Groupset: Full Shimano Ultegra 6700 20 spd - 53-39/11-28/172.5mm
    Chain: SRAM PC1051
    Pedals: Shimano Ultegra PD-6700 carbon

Saddle: Fizik Arione Tri2
    Seat Post: Enigma carbon - 31.6mm
    Seat Post Clamp: Enigma

Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
    Tyres: Continental GP4000S - 700x23

Accessories: Enigma carbon bottle cages x2
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Gorgeoussss!

I love it! Very jealous.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    :shock:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Looks fantastic in the mirror finish and in full OCP pose - hope to get my Echo next week.

Taken it for a spin yet?
  • That is a thing of beauty. Congratulations.
  • jordan_217
    nathancom wrote:
    Looks fantastic in the mirror finish and in full OCP pose - hope to get my Echo next week.

Taken it for a spin yet?

OCP? Nah, chain isn't on the big ring :wink:

I managed to get out for 75 mins last night. First impressions - the ride is sublime, very smooth. The frame does a cracking job of absorbing vibrations and road buzz, but you don't feel disconnected from what the bike is doing (if that makes sense?). It just seems to cruise with no fuss whatsoever, though that's probably credit to the wheels too.

The wheelbase is longer than I'm used to but the bike still feels nimble. I felt comfortable cornering and descending at my usual speeds.

So far so good. I do need to raise the saddle a touch though.

I hope to get out for a few hours this a'noon and in the morning. I think the bike will come into it's own on longer rides. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the comments :)
  • ajmitchell
    ajmitchell Posts: 203
    really nice, like the ti headset cap are you able to weigh it accurately? just a thought, would ti skewers look better?
  • borat_nice-1.jpg
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    That's one elegant Enigma.....love the finish
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    :shock:

PS. That is my oh-my-God-that-is-the-most-beautiful-bike-I-have-ever-seen face.

I've always loved the look of Enigmas, but had no idea they could do that mirror polish. The saving begins today.

Dare I ask how much it's cost you?
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Love the mirror finish...enjoy.
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    Looks absolutely gorgeous, congratulations

Looked at buying an enigma last spring but bought a VN Zephyr (which I absolutely love), but one can never have too many bikes....

Shimano bringing out the Ultegra with electronic shifting would give me the perfect excuse to indulge in another Titanium beauty, do you know if Enigma have a compatible frame?
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Ooh shiny. Lovely bike.

Suspect you might be looking for a bit of frame saver tape soon.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • jordan_217
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the positive comments folks.

@antlaff - loving the bike. Thanks for all the help, advice and info. Much appreciated!

@ajmitchell - haven't been able to weigh it. From spec it's circa 6.9kgs, though I appreciate the specified weights can be optimistic. Not thought about Ti skewers, hmm.......

@Jonny_Trousers - thank you, I concur :D. I don't want to divulge the cost but visit Enigmas site and you can spec the same bike and see, though I did get a good deal from Jim.

@milleman - yes you can spec a frame which is Di2 compatible, the cables are internally routed. Jim had a display bike with Ultegra Di2 and it looked the business. If you look at the pics of the Echo on Enigmas website there's a close up of the internal routing (gray left/right scroll arrows). I think it can be spec'd on any of the Ti frames, though not 100% sure. I don't think Jim knows the words "sorry, that's not possible".

@Carl_P - I'm dreading the first scuff but it's going to happen eventually :( I suppose when I've collected a few I'll send it back to be re-polished.
  • nathancom
    You can get very high grade paper to repolish small scuffs

http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... 3&cmd=show
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Mmmmm. A beauty. Enjoy!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    Yay, another Echo on here !!!

Absolutely love mine to bits, took me on my first 100 mile ride yesterday ... http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163898033

6 hrs 45 mins in the saddle, and it was all day comfy.

Can't imagine a better bike under me anytime soon.
  • nathancom
    I think you left the garmin on in the car for the last 3 miles :D

Looks like a fun ride though.
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    nathancom wrote:
    I think you left the garmin on in the car for the last 3 miles :D

Looks like a fun ride though.

Yep, rookie mistake, I was at 104miles when I got back to my mates house, showered, went to the pub, heard it bleeping on the way home :-)
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    jordan_217 wrote:
    @ajmitchell - haven't been able to weigh it. From spec it's circa 6.9kgs, though I appreciate the specified weights can be optimistic. Not thought about Ti skewers, hmm.......

That's optimistic by about 1Kg but nice bike anyway
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    my gosh that's awesome !...and I'm a carbon convert...its bikes like this change my mind :shock:
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Lovely bike! Does the finish show up fingerprints etc. badly? Kind of looks like it might.
  • jordan_217
    Lovely bike! Does the finish show up fingerprints etc. badly? Kind of looks like it might.

It does but a quick wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth and buff with a dry one gets rid of them no problems.

The more I ride it the more I love it! Looking forward to a 3-4 hour ride in the morning :)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    She's a beauty !!!!

I'm sold, I got measured for an Enigma Esprit at the weekend and am chomping at the bit to place the order !!

Can't wait :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved