Boardman sizing...

vombida
vombida Posts: 8
edited March 2012 in Road buying advice
Good morning to all!

Im about to buy a new road bike and I came across the boardman series (Boardman Race) and fell in love with them. Since Boardman bikes do not have physical presence here in Greece, i'll have to pick size based only on my body measurements.
I had my gf measure me :wink: following the "Competitive cyclist" fit calculator and the results are:

bodymeasurements.jpg

Based on the competitive cyclist advice, i already have a first opinion but any comments or suggestions about choosing size, are more than welcome!

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    xs.
  • vombida
    Thx 4 the reply...xs is also what i have in mind.

Here is the link I forgot io paste before

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/road_race.html
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    If it helps, when I bought my Boardman Comp last year I went for the large. I am a tad under 6 feet and everything I read on web sites pointed me to the large.
    When I picked my bike up it was obvious it was too big and it turns out the top tube measurement on Boardmans is quite a bit longer than on many other top brands. Thankfully I swapped it for a meduim which is perfect.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • vombida
    Thx again...
    Judging from my previous road bike which had a 53,5cm actual top-tube and by the fact that I felt over-streched with 10cm stem,I should go for the "xs"'. Boardman's "s" has 54cm top-tube... :|
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Yup. My medium Road Team has a 55.5cm top tube which is quite long compared with many brands. I now use it as a 2nd bike and actually prefer the more racy geometry for short blasts now - perhaps the more riding you do the more flexible you get? Anyway, you can always swap the stem to shorten the reach, or flip it upwards for a similar effect. Hope this helps....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...