LBS Karma

Redhog14
Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Last week ordered my Moda Tempo c/w Sh105; got a call back the next day from the LBS - Flying Fox Bikes, Alva to say they can offer me a Moda Finale with SRAM Rival for the same money on account of having been a good customer since he opened 2½ yrs ago... given that I am part funding this with a C2W voucher he is discounting it quite heavily... Don't see CRC/Wiggle/Internet offering me that.

Comments

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Without wishing to pi55 on your parade, it might have more to do with the fact that there were probably no tempos in stock. Same thing happened to me once - ordered a Parkpre MTB and ended up getting one two spec levels higher for the same price, because that's all the importer had available. Good result, either way...
  • Redhog14
    I have an umbrella! the LBS had a Tempo in stock already, the size i was looking for 52" is not that sought after and the distributer was looking at ways of shifting the less popular sized Finale frames.
  • I am not surprised 52" is not that high in demand that is 1321mm - are you sure it's a Moda and not a Giant! :P
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Its sometimes (although rarely) awesome being an odd size for this very reason. I'm 6ft4 pushing on 5 and so finding big frames can sometimes be tricky, but when I do, they're often heavily discounted!
  • Redhog14
    I am not surprised 52" is not that high in demand that is 1321mm - are you sure it's a Moda and not a Giant! :P

Chapeau sir, well spotted!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Its sometimes (although rarely) awesome being an odd size for this very reason. I'm 6ft4 pushing on 5 and so finding big frames can sometimes be tricky, but when I do, they're often heavily discounted!

The world seems to stop at 5ft9 and size 12 as far as most companies go :twisted:
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    nweststeyn wrote:

The world seems to stop at 5ft9 and size 12 as far as most companies go :twisted:

Try being 5' 4" with a 27" inside leg and size 5 feet that are nearly as wide as they are long...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    6ft3,34inch inside leg-36 waist
    Size 12+ feet
  • eldudino
    eldudino Posts: 170
    Good old Pedro!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Garry Nolan you are Bilbo Baggins and I claim my £5!
  • Redhog14
    eldudino wrote:
    Good old Pedro!

:D