Farmer Johns edit 24/3/12

Muttly1981
Muttly1981 Posts: 815
edited April 2012 in Your pics and vids
A mess around video by the Monk of us trying to nail Carnage Corner at FJ's (it's a killer) and general arsing about on the jumps. Jay12 makes a cameo too http://www.pinkbike.com/video/248252/
What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    Good Vid, and not a million miles away
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Looks good there and only just down the road, is it a "members only" kind of place?
  • Muttly1981
    DodgeT wrote:
    Looks good there and only just down the road, is it a "members only" kind of place?

It is good fun and John does look after the place infact he's thinking about closing mid april for a couple of weeks to tweek a few sections and maybe some new shore sections that we were looking at ready for Rd2 of the NW DH series.
    It's £7 a day to ride or iirc £35 for the year and as you say it's only down the road, normally takes me about 40 minutes from Leigh.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Cheers for that. How do you get in touch with John? Searched google but all I could find with potentially any info was a facebook page... i'm not on facebook... I know I know, i'm a luddite :)
  • Muttly1981
    DodgeT wrote:
    Cheers for that. How do you get in touch with John? Searched google but all I could find with potentially any info was a facebook page... i'm not on facebook... I know I know, i'm a luddite :)

Ah now that is the million doller question, getting hold of John is an absolute pain in the arse :lol: your best bet is going up to the farm and if he's about see him or go to the main house/stables and find Jill his wife. If you fancy going down one weekend give us a shout as i'm up there most saturdays (injured atm so no playing out for 2/3 weeks) the locals are a top group of lads and it helps with finding your way around the place.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Is it open Sundays as I think this would be a good place for us to have some fun?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Muttly1981
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Is it open Sundays as I think this would be a good place for us to have some fun?

Yeah he's open sundays but closed now until after the race on May 5th as he's digging a new middle section of track that'll lead to the hut jump. Will probably be heading up to help with the digging at somepoint in the next few weeks and hopefully pick out the new lines in advance of the race weekend.