burning pain in chest

ozzzyosborn206
ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
So today we had our first chain gang of the year, they are always super hard but today was even more so due to a Saur Sojasun Espoir team rider being there, anyway it was hard but i could still pull turns, then i flatted to stopped and changed my tube while the others carried on, once fixed i got going again and after a few mins i saw the chain coming back the other way so turned around and caught up, after a few turns the pace was upped and i couldn't hold the wheels and got dropped and i have a burning/acidy feeling in my chest around the diaphragm area it only lasted a few mins and once i eased off it went and then i started going hard again and it didn't come back. However once i got home, and ate my tea every time i swallow food it has the same feeling.

Anyone else had a similar thing and know what it could be and how to treat it, or is it likely to be fine tomorrow(fingers crossed)?

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    See your GP if it persists. If he/she doesn't resolve it then I'd suggest to resorting to second guesses on an internet forum. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or smart either, I've had to find out solutions online after a poor initial diagnosis but they have to be your first port of call.
  • bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    Yes, see your GP. I have very similar pains which are acid reflux, but you can never be sure so get it checked.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Please recount this to your GP just in case.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    you seem to have had epigastric/ lower chest discomfort immediately after extreme exertion which persisted and subsequently seems to be related to acid indigestion.
    It could be indigestion.
    One imagines that you are worried about a heart problem, as you should be. Your gp will examine you looking for bp pulse and heart murmurs, but without expecting to find anything. I would also want to know what my ecg is like.
    If you are very impressed with the event then you might want to ask for a proper exercise ecg test. If you cannot get this done through the nhs your local private hospital will have a price for it. an echocardiogram would complete a fairly thorough check-up. A blood test could be considered for heart muscle damage or inflammation particularly if you recently had a virus. There are more elaborate tests but probably not worthwhile at any price.
    Nothing can tell you that you will never be ill or suffer a sudden death while doing exercise. It is just safer to exercise than not, for the average citizen.

I have had episodes of worrying chest pain during rugby and cycling occasionally since my early 20's. not many. I did nothing about it and so far am still here.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Getting checks done is the best and safest thing to do.

On a less worrying note, my guess would be over-exertion combined with a slight digestion problem leading to a mini-spew.
    Energy-bar/drink incompatability with the body?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.