Perfect weather

ChrisLS
ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
...I know there will be water rationing, I know there is global warming, I know the weather is not natural for March but I have to say it's perfect weather for cycling :D:lol:
...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I have never had the Madone out before May before - to be cycling for a week on it in MARCH is just nuts. I love it :D

Temp and wind was spot on, on the way home tonight - just sublime all the way....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Beautiful weather, perfect for cycling. I had to take the car in to replace the exhaust manifold. D'oh!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I cycled home from work in three quarter summer leggings, short sleeves and sunglasses, and got myself a new PB. Normally a rest day tomorrow but seeing as it's going to break Thursday/Friday I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,697
    SimonAH wrote:
    Absolutely gorgeous!

'Tis lovely. Need some rain though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Not fun for me...I suffer from prickly heat - i'm having to wear long-sleeves.
    I normally have to take a month's worth of anti-hystamines to get myself sorted for summer. Didn't get enough warning to start getting them into my bloodstream.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    fantastic weather, but it doesn't have bring out all the fair weather cyclists on BSO who wander across roads...

girl last night in a very fetch long billowy skirt wandering in the road Clicky here

this road is generally chocker block with HGV an suicidal white van men
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    I am very lucky as I have booked this week off work! :D

So lots of rides along the seafront and up on the South Downs... And, as it's Brighton, the lovely ladies are out in short shorts and billowy dresses...

(Not to mention that I've avoided the three shows of X-Factor hell and one show of Diversity at work... 8) )
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Aint it so!?

I am working sporadically this week, so I managed to get out on Monday and I'll be out again this evening and tomorrow through the day.

IMAG0181.jpg
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Have the week off but 'tapering' or some s**t for a half marathon on Sunday = only two rides this week, boo.

IMG_1536-PS.jpg
  • Last night was just lovely! Barely a hint of SCR so nothing to push me along. Just a nice brisk ride via the pretty route home. Shorts and a jersey plus fingerless mitts for the first time and well on my way to some daft tan lines I reckon.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I'm looking out of my office window...a scruffy building opposite, but I can see the blue sky just, and I'm itching to get out on the bike.

Only 20 mins to go, then I'll be flying over London Bridge, taking in the lovely scenery.

Get me out of this damm office!!! :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    :) I have tomorrow and Friday off.

*woo*
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Rub it in you boogers, been off the bike since last Weds with patellar tendinitis and having to take the tube and missing out on a couple of days of long riding last weekend is killing me.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    The weather may be nice for cycling but tonight it's even nicer for a few beers after work, next to the river while the sun sets over london. Yum!

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Fabulous ride home. Glorious weather, all the animals in Bushy Park were delirious with spring fever. Saw a couple of rabbits chasing each other round in circles and slowed down after reading about the chap that got a squirrel in his front wheel. Going for beers tonight to top off a good day.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    I've been dressing for the commute home so fingerless gloves, shorts and short-sleeved top has been a bit chilly in the mornings but the ride home is great.

Peds everywhere on Newcastle quayside though. Can't get any kind of speed up for them :( ok once you're out of pub range.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Loverly out, managed to grab a few hour at the weekend up the Tyne Valley.

Some sundrenched commuter racing down the Scotswood Road this evening, was racing a bloke who said 'you should race with a kick like that' after a cheeky bout of spinning on green. One of this lot according to his shorts. http://blumilkraceteam.blogspot.co.uk/ http://www.facebook.com/BlumilkRaceTeam so err Hi and thanks for the +1 if you dwell here.

@Twostage: fancy trying to make the Scotswood road SCP more than a one off this year?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Loverly out, managed to grab a few hour at the weekend up the Tyne Valley.

Some sundrenched commuter racing down the Scotswood Road this evening, was racing a bloke who said 'you should race with a kick like that' after a cheeky bout of spinning on green. One of this lot according to his shorts. http://blumilkraceteam.blogspot.co.uk/ http://www.facebook.com/BlumilkRaceTeam so err Hi and thanks for the +1 if you dwell here.

@Twostage: fancy trying to make the Scotswood road SCP more than a one off this year?
    Was it only one ? Crikey :oops: . My problem is I'm coming a relatively long way before I get to Scotswood road and vary my start point. I'm sure with a bit of planning and exchange of mobile numbers we could do better this year though.