Bluetooth headset for bikes

surreymtb
surreymtb Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Saw this and thought I would post it. Bluetooth headset that also works as a walkie talkie. It attaches it to your helmet....I will say nothing :lol:

http://www.gizmag.com/cardo-bk-1-bike-h ... kie/21934/

ps...hope this is the right forum to post this! :oops: just thought some might find it interesting..cheers 8)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sounds like just the thing for Audi drivers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    his username is surreymtb to be fair.
  • surreymtb

wtf has my username that got to do with it..your a big man behind your computer aren't you, perhaps you should call yourself troll...f**k me..I thought it was a cool bit of tech for groups of people biking together..sorry I spoke, go back to your cave..it might be light out...
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    surreymtb wrote:

wtf has my username that got to do with it..your a big man behind your computer aren't you, perhaps you should call yourself troll...f**k me..I thought it was a cool bit of tech for groups of people biking together..sorry I spoke, go back to your cave..it might be light out...
    Did i hurt your feelings?

Anyway not sure where this product applies, maybe you'll get more of a response on the roadie forum. Harder to talk when youre in traffic and aren't stopping for a break/chat for 10 miles at a time. In mountain biking at least we stop and have time to talk every few minutes.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Neat, but definitely more use on a road ride.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I love this forum, it's a great balance between people who have information to share and people who want to flame them for it...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cooldad
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • surreymtb
    cooldad wrote:

I heard better ones.... :D
  • surreymtb
    pilch wrote:
    I love this forum, it's a great balance between people who have information to share and people who want to flame them for it...

It's the whole school ground mentality - the typical your not in my gang, I will try and bully/belittle you types..it takes all sorts and it always says much more about them! :D
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    surreymtb wrote:
    pilch wrote:

It's the whole school ground mentality - the typical your not in my gang, I will try and bully/belittle you types..it takes all sorts and it always says much more about them! :D

Indeed, much like how someone else will instantly jump in to join in.

"Jokes" which just involve being abusive at the OP don't really work on forums, stick a smilie on the end and it lightens the tone of the message a bit at least.
  • cooldad
    Bollocks - no one was being abusive. Joke based on that Youtube vid was doing the rounds a few weeks ago. Op used enough smilies for everyone - if it was such a serious post, he shouldn't have used them.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    surreymtb wrote:

Wow, bit of an anger management issue there, eh?
    Before posting such insane nonsense, try to look at what you've typed, and try to consider who's really going to look like a jackass. It was a joke. About Surrey.
    Learn some humility.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yeehaa - nice to see you are back!

I take it you meant 'inane' not insane. I think the guy's got issues, not to mention not knowing the difference between your and you are....

And for what it's worth I did giggle at bennett's joke which was clearly not a direct dig at the OP....
  • surreymtb
    cooldad wrote:
    surreymtb wrote:

Wow, bit of an anger management issue there, eh?
    Before posting such insane nonsense, try to look at what you've typed, and try to consider who's really going to look like a jackass. It was a joke. About Surrey.
    Learn some humility.

My humility lol I know who looks like the jackass...and the people trying to defend the troll...
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    this does seem a slight over-reaction to a gentle bit of ribbing. troll is a strong word, he made a joke, at the expense of a clearly generalised and incorrect stereotype of surrey mountain bikers more than yourself.

whether or not he is a big man i couldn't tell you.
  • surreymtb
    EH_Rob wrote:
    this does seem a slight over-reaction to a gentle bit of ribbing. troll is a strong word, he made a joke, at the expense of a clearly generalised and incorrect stereotype of surrey mountain bikers more than yourself.

whether or not he is a big man i couldn't tell you.

Frankly I can't be bothered with it. Fuck me, I posted an article about a bluetooth headset..not diamond encrusted valve covers! :D

I do love the way people do bully and troll on forums though. Like the other jackass who says I have issues because i dared to the criticise the troll.
  • surreymtb
    Yeehaa - nice to see you are back!

I take it you meant 'inane' not insane. I think the guy's got issues, not to mention not knowing the difference between your and you are....

And for what it's worth I did giggle at bennett's joke which was clearly not a direct dig at the OP....

I think the guys got issues...lol thanks..nice to meet you Chuckers1980..your obviously a top bloke...and the grammar police. What every forum needs.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yee is a jackass, but a funny one who knows his stuff.... You can't call troll without actually knowing a bit about the forum poster. Poor grammar just makes you look like a bit of a fool, that's all.
  • surreymtb
    Toasty wrote:
    surreymtb wrote:
    pilch wrote:

Indeed, much like how someone else will instantly jump in to join in.

"Jokes" which just involve being abusive at the OP don't really work on forums, stick a smilie on the end and it lightens the tone of the message a bit at least.

Agreed. That's what the internet variety of emoticons were created for and they are damned useful too. :)
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    surreymtb wrote:

I saw bennetts post and laughed out loud. I then saw the ever so slightly OTT wtf response and thought WTF.

It was a joke, now that this has been pointed out please accept it and move on.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Yee is a jackass, but a funny one who knows his stuff....
    I agree with the first half of that statement, and it would appear that I have succesfully duped you into believing the second half :lol:
  • adiggers
    adiggers Posts: 67
    surreymtb wrote:
    Saw this and thought I would post it. Bluetooth headset that also works as a walkie talkie. It attaches it to your helmet....I will say nothing :lol:

http://www.gizmag.com/cardo-bk-1-bike-h ... kie/21934/

ps...hope this is the right forum to post this! :oops: just thought some might find it interesting..cheers 8)

£200 per unit sounds a bit steep though for 500m range,whats wrong with shouting