Focus Cayo 2011

gukyman
gukyman Posts: 155
edited March 2012 in Your road bikes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24664884@N ... hotostream

7021126913_400d18af72_c.jpg

This is my Focus Cayo bought in 2011 from Wiggle.
I've been really happy with the ride and the stock bike was heavy so changed few things to save weight.
Don't have a accurate scale so I can't really weigh it but it's much lighter than original.
Waiting for 3T ARX Team Stealth / Sram Red groupset / KMCX10SL Gold chain, Yokozuna Smoke Cables so should be well colour co-ordinated. Wanting to save few grames but don't want to compromise the stiffness and the ride quality so any advise on losing some weights are welcome! Thanks

Comments

• Fatini999
    Fatini999 Posts: 66
    Wow you lucky guy :D its all so nice apart from the fork is so white but thats only minor...! Well they are quite deep rim wheels...im sure some zipp 404s would bring that weight down but that depends on how much you wanna spend :/
  • gukyman
    The f6r 190 hub version is very similar in weight terms with the zipp 404. Not sure what weight it is but the 240 hubs are 1350 so guess with the 1200-1250g?
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Looks great.

Slightly biased as I h ave the same bike and thought about changing the wheels - how do you find them?
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • gukyman
    They are really really good. I have to look twice at the speedometer because it's very fast. Very light as well.
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking, and price [PM if prefer]

I've got bike envy of my own bike!!!!!
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • gukyman
    I've got them from Wiggle and with the premium discount and the bonus I think they came up to 800 pounds or near about. Since then I have added other parts for this bike, Sram Red, new cables, stem, chain and few other small bits. The weight at the moment comes to 6.4 although it's not 100% accurate it's very light. The upgrade to Yokozuna cables set made allot of different considering the price. As for the FFWD wheels? Well I can only praise it, however I did find that the wheels rubbed the brakes when I sprinted however this was probably because I ran the brakes really close to the rims, I was running them 2mm off the rims which is a bit too close. The hubs at first are very loud but after riding a bit they seem to die down and becomes even smoother. I will upload a higher quality pics tomorrow to show the finished bike.