Boardman Hybrid pro front wheel replacement

Shishman
Shishman Posts: 40
edited April 2012 in The workshop
My front wheel is beyond repair following an altercation with a car. Now I am fixed and can ride again but would like to fix the bike now.

Its a Ritchey OCR disc 700c so how difficult is it to find a like for like replacement?

Fudging hard :( unless second hand.

Usual procedure - back to Halfords - sorry mate don't stock spares. Internet search - nothing. Emailed Boardman bikes - no reply.

Can anybody help me please or suggest an alternative.

Thanks and cheers.

Comments

• You can order it through halfords (must of spoken to a special member of staff, isnt unheard of) the code is 125511 and i think its about 95 squids!
    a minimalist show off
    Boardman Team Carbon, Gt idrive (heavy!), Specialized Langster, Pinnacle Trojan 2.0
  • Shishman
    Thanks.

Have spoken to Halfords customer service who weren't in exactly help the customer mode. They said speak to your local shop WTF! I eventually persuaded them with the part number you kindly gave me and I managed to get the price.

So back to the shop I must trot :shock:
  • Shishman
    So it continues.....

Rang my local shop and gave them the part number. The description he had did not mention Ritchey. It was an Urban Pro front wheel so a wee bit confused now.

Now waiting for the lines to open at Customer service.

:roll:
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    You just need any 700c disk front wheel, go to your LBS and they should be able to build you one .
    <a>road</a>
  • Shishman
    @el_presidente Tried the LBS but they wanted far more than the elusive direct replacement.

You can't make this up as I went to the store to order the wheel and they said "sorry mate but the person who can deal with this will not be in until Friday".

Now 1 more customer service call followed by a call from the store manger to apologise, and please come in when convenient as he could process the order.

It has taken 2 store visits, 2 store and 3 customer service calls then a call from the store manager.

Hopefully the sunshine will still be around when the bike is fixed.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    The LBS want more because they will give it to you there and then in exchange for cold hard cash, rather than engaging you in a Kafkaesque nightmare a la Halfords :D
    <a>road</a>
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    Shishman wrote:
    So it continues.....

Rang my local shop and gave them the part number. The description he had did not mention Ritchey. It was an Urban Pro front wheel so a wee bit confused now.

Now waiting for the lines to open at Customer service.

:roll:
    it won't mention ritchey as it is a like for like replacement from head office, rather than from paligap. the description is to make it easier to order parts, as not everyone will know exactly what they need other than what bike it is from.
  • This should be a decent replacement although it wont match the back its what you need! http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bon ... l-ec021195 !
    a minimalist show off
    Boardman Team Carbon, Gt idrive (heavy!), Specialized Langster, Pinnacle Trojan 2.0