Budding up in Bradford/Shipley/Thornton

SR7492
SR7492 Posts: 190
I have lost my cycling partner as he ruptured his Achilles tendon last week (football).

Although I am quite happy to do my rides alone, I wanted to ask if there is anyone in my area who fancied budding up?

I do see quite a lot of lone rangers like me, so I thought I'd pose the question.

I'm building up on my road mileage and can comfortably do 40/45 miler; one of my aims is to increase this over the summer to 80-90 miles.

My main routes is circular around Bradford/Leeds but happy to 'expand' out and be more adventurous.

If anyone is interested, give us a holla :)

Comments

• Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    Why not join one of the many cycling clubs in the area?
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • SR7492
    I am looking into this but the timings on Saturdays are slightly off as I take my little one to swimming lessons in the morning.

The Sunday rides are the 70+ miles which I don't think I'm quite there (yet).

So what I'm looking for is a plan B (hence the post) until I can make into the cycling club scene.
  • Steve GT
    The club I am a member at (Ilkley) have various group rides that fit most riders abilities. I would think that could be the case in most club's Sunday group rides. What club were you looking at?
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • SR7492
    The 2 I've had a look at are Airedale Olympique and East Bradford Cycling Club.

Can you tell me a little info on your club please?

Thanks
  • Here is a link to their forum page on the website where they often have the details of early morning rides (early birds I think they call it) at a weekend.

http://www.ilkleycyclingclub.org.uk/forum/

They also have some on a Tuesday and Thursday morning as well which seem a bit more hard core, probably suited to people training for time trialling, racing or sportives, etc.

From what I remember the rides are open to all, not just ICC members.
  • SR7492
    Thanks Langbar, I'll give them a try.
  • Steve GT
    Here is the 'rides' page if you have not seen it yet.
    http://www.ilkleycyclingclub.org.uk/index.php?page=club-rides
    All the info is there. If you are coming by car there is loads of free parking along Denton Road.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.