Emotional....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Missing my family this morning; had an emotional ride in to work.....had a lovely morning sorting junior out for Nursery.

*sniff*

Comments

• BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I miss mine every day [2yo twins].

They do my head in when I'm home :D , but I can't wait to get back there after work.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Mods, can you delete this thread - people without kids will be feeling a bit queasy rather than "emotional"! :lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    I miss mine every day [2yo twins].

They do my head in when I'm home :D , but I can't wait to get back there after work.

I love my daughter the most when she's fast asleep.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I'm constantly missing my family. I really must get some more practice in with that catapult.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    The 9-month old projectile vomited all over me at 11.30 last night... I have had 2 showers but can still faintly smell it :(

And my wife informs me that this morning the 2year old knocked over 2 drinks upstairs which dripped through the floorboards and set off the smoke alarm

Work is a sweet sweet release
    <a>road</a>
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,357
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Nail - head
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I do a little jig with both arms in the air when they all disappear off to Beavers Cubs & Scouts or whatever it is that they do on Thursday evening, leaving me The Palais Du CiB all to myself for a few hours.

Can't wait till they leave home and go off to Uni. Not many years left now. :wink:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    both little one and wife are disappearing for 2 weeks over Easter; that's 3 free weekends :)
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    BigMat wrote:
    Mods, can you delete this thread - people without kids will be feeling a bit queasy rather than "emotional"! :lol:
    Quite. MTFU. :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    gbsahne wrote:
    both little one and wife are disappearing for 2 weeks over Easter; that's 3 free weekends :)

You absolute lucky bastard.

Mind, I long to have to the house to myself, but whenever they go away for a week I soon turn into the OP.
  • When I get home I lock my bike up out front and then knock on the sitting room window. My littl'un is usually watching TV and I'm greeted by "Daddy, Daddy!".

That's a nice moment.

Having said that I do enjoy my commute home as a bit of "me" time.

On a similarly cute note, walking little flimflam_gadget to nursery yesterday I saw a bloke on a decent-looking specialized road bike with a kid in a seat behind him. He was getting the kid to do hand signals for all the turns. Cute!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,799

On a similarly cute note, walking little flimflam_gadget to nursery yesterday I saw a bloke on a decent-looking specialized road bike with a kid in a seat behind him. He was getting the kid to do hand signals for all the turns. Cute!

£5er he's Dutch.
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    My daugher (5) says "I don't like riding down hills but I like riding up hills".

A Schleck in the making.
  • littleprawn
    littleprawn Posts: 135
    edited March 2012
    The 9-month old projectile vomited all over me at 11.30 last night... I have had 2 showers but can still faintly smell it :(

And my wife informs me that this morning the 2year old knocked over 2 drinks upstairs which dripped through the floorboards and set off the smoke alarm

Work is a sweet sweet release

SNAP

Our 3 year daughter had a temperature last night ....missus gave her Calpol and in the next few minutes...vomit was all over my dressing gown, my pants and t-shirt. Bedding all had to be changed and baby wipes helped remove the vomit which seeped through the garments.....

Worse thing was when we knew of the impending eruption and she tried to catch some of the vomit in my mug...my mug will never be the same! Our daughter did say 'goodbye daddy' this morning which made up for all of it.
    Cannondale CAADX 5 105
    Trek T10
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Missus is taking the LO away today for a couple of days.

He was waving me goodbye as I left the house. Soooooo cute.

But cant wait to be watching pawno in the lounge later with the house to myself!
  • BigJimmyB wrote:
    and then I wonder why I couldn't wait once I am back at home.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,357
    cje wrote:
    My daugher (5) says "I don't like riding down hills but I like riding up hills".

A Schleck in the making.

Is she on a tagalong as you're panting away?
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Working away from home for three days a week I used to Skype back home in the evening, from the office, to see the kids (daughter is 3 and son is 15 months).

I had to stop as my daughter would start crying about half way through the call and ask me when I was coming home!! :(

Not good to let the cleaners\colleagues see me with a tear in my eye!! :oops:
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rick_chasey
    Jeez guys, man up.

My dad was away for weeks at a time when I was younger.

Was no biggie.
  • Jeez guys, man up.

Was no biggie.

Yeah but did you have lots of 'uncles' around while he was away? :?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Jeez guys, man up.

Was no biggie.

Did the 'milkman' arrive just before you left for school and leave just after you got home?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited March 2012
    Anyone else got Whitneh singing "I git so emoshunnnall babeee. Every time I theeeenk aboowwwt chew..."? No? You have now. 2 hours now. Change the record someone.
  • rick_chasey
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Jeez guys, man up.

Was no biggie.

Did the 'milkman' arrive just before you left for school and leave just after you got home?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8XH61Dfq3ikbay43Fn1GFqUZW73b7dNUT6t3gj0bMGVkaJzz1pZ5TkOxNbw
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I hope you're not going to be wearing that hat with your red strides dude....
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Looks like that headwear may originate from Holland.

Could it be a .......

wait for it....

Dutch cap? :roll:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Jeez guys, man up.

Was no biggie.

Mine too, always got a little present when he came back, we used to look forward to him going. (selfish little *******s) Nowadays the dogs are the ones happy to see me, the kids are out with their mates.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Jeez guys, man up.

Was no biggie.

Probably explains why you are such a well balanced individual Rick..........

or, explains your desire to wear red trousers......one or the other.....