Good Cycling shop in Wolverhampton?

smidsy
smidsy Posts: 5,273
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
Anyone recommend 1 please as I now have work there and will be over there regularly.
Yellow is the new Black.

Comments

• Fred williams cycles, very helpful and i've never been in without a discount, the banters not bad either :D
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep Freds are the best shop in the area, can't go wrong and really helpful. 8)
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    So had my first trip over to Wolves earlier and duly went in to Freds. Top choice - the chap spent 30 mins advising me on wheel choices based on my circumstances and several trips up and down stairs getting stuff to compare etc. Nothing seemed too much trouble and they listened too (not the ususal 'you want this top dollar thing here').

I ended up buying some bar tape and a cap but left the guy with a definite 'will be back when I have more time to get the wheels' as my meeting was looming all too quickly to make a £500 decision.

Really nice vibe about the place and they even have their own team gear - a proper bike shop indeed.

Thanks to those who suggested - you were not wrong.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Oliver19
    Oliver19 Posts: 97
    Fred Williams is a good small bike shop which many people like. There is also a Leisure Lakes right in the centre opposite a nice chinese buffet if you go at dinner time :P
  • AFF40N
    AFF40N Posts: 33
    Another recommendation for Fred Williams. Great stuff and really helpful staff. I've been using them for years :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    My experience at FW has been mixed. Last time they couldn't sell me a bike because there was no mechanic to do the final checks!, on a Saturday!!!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    RideOnTime wrote:
    My experience at FW has been mixed. Last time they couldn't sell me a bike because there was no mechanic to do the final checks!, on a Saturday!!!

There a small family business and sometimes even the best places get short staffed.

Truly a brilliant shop to work with 8)
  • jp1970
    jp1970 Posts: 134
    +1 for Fred's...
    Always willing to offer advice and discounts