SatMap Active 10 download routes?

marksimon69
marksimon69 Posts: 62
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Have got a SatMap Active 10 GPS which is a great piece of kit for off roading, but am at a loss to find anywhere that you can download routes to it. They all seem to be Garmin.
The actual SatMap web site wants to charge me about £70 to share routes on its site.

Any suggestions :?: :roll:
Stop ... Stop .... there's something wrong with the bike !!!
reality: I'm shagged and I need a break

Comments

• andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    Can that SatMap load routes/courses/tracks (or whatever it calls them) in gpx format? Most units can read this and most sites will let you export the track in this format.

Cheers,

Andy
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    ^^What he said, there is an app you put on the computer called Satsync you can upload .gpx files through that, it converts them to the Satmap system in the process, Satmap also have a mapping facility and routeshare resource you just need to go onto their website & register.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realise they now charge you for the map sharing, it was free when I joined... you can still upload any gpx through the Satsync software though
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Thanks All

Have found lots of sites with GPX routes and have now sussed out how to download to SatMap

Cheers :lol:
  • mc2008
    mc2008 Posts: 1
    Hi,

Satmap still allow you to share routes for free, and they now also anyone to plan routes for free. They have launched a new online planning and sharing tool called Xpedition. You can subscribe to a free or premium account. I really love the full-screen and dual screen modes in the Planner tab.

Best wishes.
  • shad3925
    shad3925 Posts: 22
    Thanks All

Have found lots of sites with GPX routes and have now sussed out how to download to SatMap

Cheers :lol:
    What method are you using to download and use on Satmap?
  • save GPX file to a folder, don't try to open it, and download folder to handheld via satsync
  • shad3925
    shad3925 Posts: 22
    save GPX file to a folder, don't try to open it, and download folder to handheld via satsync

Many thanks