what does ISCG and BB refer to for a blackspire stinger ?

A planty
A planty Posts: 47
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
AS the title asks i'm confused what they mean/are and how do i know which i need ?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    The fitting of the device,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    In answer to your question ISCG stands for International Standard Chain Guide - this is the standard for the chain guide mount which is either OLD or 05. OLD is closer the BB.
    BB stands for Bottom Bracket - you can get mounts that attach directly to the bottom bracket and are usually held in place by the external cups but I read somewhere they work with the internal BBs as well but I've never tried this and not convinced.

If I missed what you were confused by then ask again.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • A planty
    A planty Posts: 47
    oodboo wrote:
    In answer to your question ISCG stands for International Standard Chain Guide - this is the standard for the chain guide mount which is either OLD or 05. OLD is closer the BB.
    BB stands for Bottom Bracket - you can get mounts that attach directly to the bottom bracket and are usually held in place by the external cups but I read somewhere they work with the internal BBs as well but I've never tried this and not convinced.

If I missed what you were confused by then ask again.[
    Thank you that's made sense of it all.