Worth looking outside tonight.

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
The moon joins Venus & Jupiter.
559570_10150688207653984_697708983_9261884_1003910329_n.jpg
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Had a gaze out last night and can confirm that it looked absolutely stunning.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Just been and had a look, it's quite spectacular.

If you look to the left, at the left shoulder of Orion, you'll see that it has a slight orangy tinge to it. Apparently, (I say apparently 'cause i can't quite remember hte detail, but watched it on tv) this is because it's currently a red giant star and is shortly to go supernova. In the near future itll be a lot brighter then disappear.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    just had a look, its closer now then when you posted - amazing. well spotted
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Fantastic... just been outside to see it.

Took my tablet pc out with Google Skymap on it for the ultimate reference guide.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    huh, well look at that! Good call on the sky-map too! Sort of thing you need a telescope to appreciate though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    MattC59 wrote:
    If you look to the left, at the left shoulder of Orion, you'll see that it has a slight orangy tinge to it. Apparently, (I say apparently 'cause i can't quite remember hte detail, but watched it on tv) this is because it's currently a red giant star and is shortly to go supernova. In the near future itll be a lot brighter then disappear.

I think you'll find it to be an attack ship on fire.

Seriously, a beautiful night sky.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    ddraver wrote:
    Sort of thing you need a telescope to appreciate though...

Exactly what Mrs C said, followed by, would you like one for your birthday ?
    The problem is light pollution, I don't think I'd get full benefit of a telescope around here.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    No, maybe it's only earthly rocks that excite me. I can't see Jupiter because of haze/light pollution here so maybe I'm not getting the full effect...

Two of my best friends got engaged at the weekend so, it's pretty apt and romantic and all that slushy nonsense...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Thanks for the post-amazing night sky.Can even see clusters of stars tonight.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.