Rocket Ron tubless?

skinnyT
skinnyT Posts: 73
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just bought some Schwalbe Rocket Rons from Chainreaction advertised as Pacestar and Tl ready. Got them today and the box says they are EVO 3NC. It does not say they are tubeless ready. I searched the Schwable web site for the Art number 11633125 it says they are triple nano and doesnt say if they are tubless ready or not.

So now I am confused is EVO 3NC the same as Pacestar and are they tubeless ready?

thanks

Comments

• davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    My guess is they've sent you an older model of tyre. I've got a Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph and they both say Trailstar/Pacestar and Tubeless Ready on the tyre sidewall and the NN also said TL-Ready on the box (RaRa was bought 2nd hand).
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    send them back if you arent happy
  • skinnyT
    skinnyT Posts: 73
    I probably will send them back but I would like to know what I have got first. If you look at on one they say the tyre is not for tubeless applications, whereas wiggle say its tubeless ready...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    2011 tyres are Pace Star and Tubeless Ready. Pre-2011s are Triple Nano and not tubeless ready (both are Evo carcass), although if you have any of the newer Stan's rims (Podium, Crest, Alpine or Arch EX) the older ones go on/up far more easily than the newer ones which are bastard tight.