Legal representation

Lucky Douglas
Lucky Douglas Posts: 155
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
This morning I was crossing a busy main road when a car took a short cut by going the wrong way around a pedestrian refuge and drove into me. Ended up with my legs under the bonnet and my front wheel under his front wheel. I was very lucky indeed - thought I'd had it but got away with multiple abrasions, bashes and pains plus a large haemotia on my leg and being generally shook up. My cannondale synapse carbon needs a new wheel, probably a new fork and maybe more.
The driver was full of contrition, drove me home and is insured. He says he'll admit liability to the insurance company. I got a witness at the scene who was full of righteous indignation. I've been to hospital, taken photos and reported to the police.
I've read the 'what to do in case of an accident' thread, but would appreciate some current recommendations for advice on someone to advise me with the rest of the process and the right level of compensation. I'm after a no win no fee type of arrangement, Ideally in the Manchester area. I don't want to make enough to retire off but I do want my bike fixed properly and for this idiot to pay more for his insurance in future.

Thanks

Comments

• Found an earlier post that I missed on my first search - please ignore this