B&B'S Recomendations in the Glentress area?

trev4star
trev4star Posts: 23
edited April 2012 in Routes
Hi, I'm organising a trip up to glentress & would appreciate recommendations for a decent b&b. Looking for one that's in walking distance for food & a pub, secure bike storage & not to far from the trails. Thanks in advance :)
trev4star

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Look on here - http://www.7stanes.com/ and you should find something. There are quite a few places nearby.

No recommendations to make as I live in Edinburgh...
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    http://www.gledeknowe.co.uk/

Lovely place, brilliant hosts and very bike friendly - we first went there for our honeymoon, and have been back every year since for our anniversary. It's in Innerleithen rather than Peebles though, only just down the road, mind. Pub just around the corner (Traquir Arms), couple of takeaways and a Co-op supermarket in walking distance too.
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    We stayed at the Lindores B&B in Peebles about 3 weeks ago- easy walking distance into town for pub and food, and Glentress is in cycling distance if you're not planning to use a car. I cycled back from the trail centre a couple of times when our group split up and we didn't have enough space in one car for all the bikes.

I wouldn't recommend cycling to Innerleithen though (it's a lot further than Glentress and after a day on the xc trail, I can't say I'd fancy cycling all the way back).

Rooms were clean, landlady was very friendly - secure garage for bikes overnight, but no bike washing facilities (not that we really needed it - Glentress has that if needed). Breakfast was good too.
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • trev4star
    trev4star Posts: 23
    Thanks for taking the time to post appriciiate it sounds just what I'm looking for
    trev4star
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Another vote for Glede Knowe, staying there again over June bank holiday. Nice and easy access to the trails at Inners too
  • porton
    porton Posts: 40
    This was great place we stayed at 2 weeks ago

Kailzie Bunkhouse, Kailzie, Peebles, Scottish Borders EH45 9HT

Website can be found here – the lady who runs it is called Dorinda

Cheers