Pallet bike stand

mercedism
mercedism Posts: 102
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I have an old pallet and thought if i cut one of the slots a bit wider to drop a wheel into it would make a quick and easy basic stand.

Unfortunately the tyre fits through and then you have a lot of play with the rim. Also it doesn't seem to sit too deep which doesn't help. Doesn't hold the bike up.

Anybody made anything like this as i reckon if done correctly i could get 3 bikes in there as a makeshift drop the bike off before having a sandwich and getting out there and giving it a clean.

(i think i saw a pic. on here that gave me the idea)

Comments

• tbikeradar
    tbikeradar Posts: 129
    we need photos, show us the photos
  • mercedism
    Can't find the photos on here and if you mean for me to take one, its a pallet just like any other
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    Can't you just lean it against a wall?
  • mercedism
    Course i can, but thought it was a nifty use of something i have and you should be able to get 3 side by side. By the time it was cut in half, so its more of a rectangle shape and painted would be a cheap little project.
  • I hang by bike on a hanging=basket bracket that's attached to a beam in the garage :) handy for lubin
  • coynie
    coynie Posts: 112
    i was look at something on the same lines
    but found some small wood shelves
    29032012053.jpg
    29032012047.jpg
    29032012049.jpg
    29032012050.jpg
    Malt 1
    Malt 4
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    6a0120a7ed5f9d970b0167644bf582970b-800wi

this?
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • mercedism
    Thanks, thats not the picture i saw. I have made the bottom half of your picture and maybe explains why its not holding them upright as you have used another to get the stability. I don't have the room vertically, but maybe i could go 2 deep to allow the back wheel to sit deeper.