Wheezing RP2!

1mancity2
1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
So I have been battering my RP2 lately and I've noticed its making a wheeee-phewwww sound on big compressions, is this just a case of a seal service or does it point to something serious?
Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    It's shock language for " thank flip i'm back on the ground !!! " :)
  • 1mancity2
    DodgeT wrote:
    It's shock language for " thank flip i'm back on the ground !!! " :)

Yeah maybe bud, but I don't want it to die on me just yet, got some big plans!!
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    Shocks (both forks and rear shocks) will make a swooshing sound if you have some rebound dialled in; it's the sound of the oil being forced through narrow openings.

Obviously not being able to hear yours I couldn't say for certain but it may be totally normal.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Mine started to do that right when it got stictiony, try giving it a seal service, its cheap as chips and easy to do.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Forks can also make that type ov noise when the damping is in one leg and the spring in the other is not in an enclosed leg. They breath.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 1mancity2
    Cheers guys, pretty sure its the shock and I think/hope the seal service will do the trick.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Mine does this occasionally - to be honest as it still works very well and hasn't done anything weird I have just been ignoring it :oops:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • 1mancity2
    miss notax wrote:
    Mine does this occasionally - to be honest as it still works very well and hasn't done anything weird I have just been ignoring it :oops:

Pretty sure a seal service will sort mine, very easy todo and dosn't take long. Tbh its been taking some big hits recently!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hmm, yes, I thnk you're probably right! I've never had it serviced actually, and it's been put through quite a lot (weeks in Morzine etc!) :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • 1mancity2
    miss notax wrote:
    Hmm, yes, I thnk you're probably right! I've never had it serviced actually, and it's been put through quite a lot (weeks in Morzine etc!) :lol:

Buy the seals of mojo £20 and takes about an hour to do and thats including taking the shock off the bike, easy job.
  • 1mancity2
    Seal service did the trick :)
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Seal service did the trick :)
    glad to hear mate, they're such a breeze to service