Looking for a Good Route in Cannock

Cona_Gone
Cona_Gone Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in Routes
Helo, I'm trying to get a route up for Sustrans Trail. I have council backing and Sustrans are interested too.

It's going to be themed, similar to the Tarka trail, based around Tolkien though (cutting through many places which were connected to the author).

I'm starting somewhere in Cannock, not 100% sure where but I want it to cut through a good bit of forest starting at either Rugely or Hednesford and entering Chasewater (as a feature). From there I've got the route sorted, following the canal and through Sutton Park, into Brum centre (the city centre bit is still being sorted, I need to simplify it at the mo). Then the section from city centre to Uni, then Sarehole Mill and down into Worcestershire is sorted.

I'm thinking of making it one long route for the more exoerienced and two routes with a stop over in the city centre for the slower riders. I have tried to make it as safe as possible, use some existing cycle routes where possible and keep it green and not too arduous.

At this stage would love some ideas on Cannock routes as I'm not familiar with it, I cycled from Cannock to Chasewater and it's not good from Cannock, too busy and I want to enter the Chase higher up if pos. I have mapped a route to view, I've cycled it all twoce apart from the Chase bit. I am liking the idea of circling The Ring earthworks before descending into Chasewater (can you view the city centre from here?)

Look forward to some ideas: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/49450800

Comments