Stuggling to recover quickly

mattyg2004
mattyg2004 Posts: 196
edited March 2012 in Health, fitness & training
Hiya guys

After some advice. We've started to ride/Train at grizedale (not so much out to enjoy the MTB'ing more to help build up fitness although as were getting fitter the MTB'ing is becoming loads more fun) anyhow. When we stared ac ouple of months ago it took nearly 3.5 hrs to get round we had to stop half way up the first climb (the one fireroad past the gate) and maybe 4 times up the first single track.

Jump along a couple of months and we maybe stop once from the start to the top of the first climbs just over 2 miles. And our pace is getting there. Weve recently been pushing ourselves and no dont go any lower than the middle front ring (3x10). And we are now getting round in just over half of what we started 1hr 45mins ish. I'm well chuffed.

However I just dont seem to be able to get enough water in me. (Its hard to drink when your struggling for breath) So that night I'm dehydrated and the next day feels like I have a hangover.

What pre during and post liquids do you guys recommend. What best for my camelbak.
Trying to lose weight AND get fit at the same time seems to be a funny balancing act.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• mattyg2004
    I also have sight issues. Well I must to have missed ALL those other posts on what to drink.

So. I'll have a good read of those. But any other tips are more than welcome.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Between 1/2-1ltr of water about 1hr before you go out, sip often as you ride, on a 3hr outing I will drink 2-3ltr depending on how hard/hot I go/get, after ride around 1/2-1ltr of water mixed with fresh orange, pinch of salt and a muller rice or 2.

Get in the habit of drinking often, if your thirsty its usually too late.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • mattyg2004
    I've ordered some elete. See if that helps. And I may get a flow meter. I think I'm drinking enough but then when done I realise I've only had maybe a litre.